Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone kind of a newbie

+3
Squiglet
angpixi
allykatz
7 posters

Go down

Hello everyone kind of a newbie Empty Hello everyone kind of a newbie

Post by allykatz Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:45 pm

I was on here with my dd 3yrs ago finished bf her when she was 7months, i then became pregnant a yr after.

Anyway i had my son back in February, he was nothing like dd who fed every 15minutes, he was super and went 3/4hrs between feeds great for a bf baby and from 2wks he slept from 10 till 5/6 wow he was so good lol.

then he hit his 8wk spurt and feeding became more in the day a lot more but he still slept through so was happy with that, then he hit and passed the nice big spurt at 18wks and started waking in the night i carried this out till he was 22wks and started him on food at 1st i was wanting to try blw, so was a nit upset to start him early but he enjoyed what he was getting and now at 7 and half months has a mix of me feeding him and him having a plate to him self to eat so not all bad.

Also this little man is different i have 3 other children and they did end up mix fed for various reasons, well Zane he is total boobie baby never accepted a dummy which i was so happy about and attempts to try him with a bottle (with my milk) didn't get very far i even bought some adiri ones which are cool but nope wouldn't have them. i did manage to have a night out and my sis had him well he only let his big sister feed him lol then screamed blue murder in the middle of the night so starved himself of milk till he came home.

This is the longest i have ever gone ebf so in new territory lol, i am dreading the teeth which he none yet thank god they can come as late as they want lol, my dd biting thats what made me stop but know i cant this time as he wont have anything else.

sorry its long girls x x
allykatz
allykatz

Female Number of posts : 91
Tell us about yourself : I am mummy to 4 children, the oldest being 14 the youngest 7months, i have bf all of them but only got as far as 7/8 months, my baby now is the longest i have got to right now and doesn't look like it will be finishing soon but i am loving it
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone kind of a newbie Empty Re: Hello everyone kind of a newbie

Post by angpixi Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:08 pm

HI i do remember you! I think i remember you being on bounty the same time as me too?? Very Happy
welcome back! I have a total boobie baby too well boobie toddler actually, she keeps telling me shes not a baby any more so not to call her that! but she is still obsessed with boobie! its the longest ive fed too, my first 2 stopped before 1yr and the 2nd 2 stopped around 2 yrs, but Willow has no intention of!! Laughing
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:16 pm

welcome
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:22 am

Welcome back!!!

Your doing really well, please don't worry about the teeth, Lottie has gone to nip but only less than a handful of times and only does it when she really doesn't want it or has fallen asleep with my nip still in!

Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 pm

I rememebr you sweetie! welcome back and well done!!

I too am on number 4 now! Very Happy
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by allykatz Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:27 pm

awe i seen you have had another think you was pregnant when i 1st came here 2/3yrs ago hee, big congrats baby is beautiful..... i still can't believe i now have 4 children
allykatz
allykatz

Female Number of posts : 91
Tell us about yourself : I am mummy to 4 children, the oldest being 14 the youngest 7months, i have bf all of them but only got as far as 7/8 months, my baby now is the longest i have got to right now and doesn't look like it will be finishing soon but i am loving it
Your mood today : Content
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzi122 Thu May 26, 2011 1:58 pm

hi there my name is Bonnie
im new to this forum Embarassed
my baby is 19 days old and i am successfully breasteeding ...just recently he seems to be pulling away from my breast during his feed and his head is going the game ...he seems to be frustrated but i dont know what im doing wrong?
he is latched on properly when hedoes latch on so i dont understand Sad

bonzi122

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : my name is Bonnie and im a first time breastfeeding mum !
Your mood today : Annoyed
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri May 27, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Bonnie, welcome to the forum Hello everyone kind of a newbie 871924
I dont think youre doing anything wrong
do you have a strong let down? i.e when your milk comes in does it come out very fast? if it does it could be hes getting a bit too much in his mouth to swallow so pulls away
or are you leaving it til he is really hungry? my youngest sometimes got frustrated when she was small if the milk didnt come quickly enough to satisfy her hunger, i tried catching her before she got too hungry so she was more comfy
thats all i can think of right now, hopefully one of the other girls might come up with something else if these dont work, do come back on if it doesnt
it has been rather quiet lately so dont think we're ignoring you!
angpixi
angpixi

Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by salj1980 Fri May 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Bonnie, welcome and congratulations! If you've got to 19 days you're past the hardest part (in my opinion!).

Huw used to do this all the time, and like Ang suggested it was down to a forceful let-down - noticeably more so from the left boob - but he'd wriggle and kick and thrash his head about like a dog shaking a rat, not very comfortable!

I found that by feeding him whilst I was lying on my back, with him on my stomach, it was a bit better as gravity helped stop the milk flow so fast, though it was a bit of a job to get him latched on in that position! I used to sit on the bed and get him latched on sitting back, and then try and lie back and keep him latched on before the milk let down!

It got a lot better the older he got - he just got used to coping with it and became a more efficient feeder, and eventually stopped. Smile

salj1980

Female Number of posts : 84
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Huw, born Nov '09. He's the light of my life!
Thanks and Reputation points : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzi122 Sun May 29, 2011 4:02 pm

thanks for the advice girls....seem to have another problem...my baby hasnt opened his bowels for near enough a week now and he seems uncomfortable. . .is this normal for breastfed babies? and what should i do? xx confused

bonzi122

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : my name is Bonnie and im a first time breastfeeding mum !
Your mood today : Annoyed
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Mon May 30, 2011 3:40 pm

it has been for mine! THe digestive system takes quite a while to mature so it can be a baby problem, also breast milk is mainly good stuff so theres not as much waste
theres a couple o fthings ive done with mine to help things along so theyre not uncomfortable
tummy massage, gently massage in a clockwise direction when babe is on your knee,
lie them down in front of you and grab hold of ankles in one hand and gently move knees up to tummy and around in circles (this is great for wind too!)
have you tried adjusting your diet? drink some fresh orange or some vege- mashed carrots, turnip and parsnip is one of our favs! fruit too might help
make sure babe is getting enough of both milks_ hind milk and fore milk-
incase you don't know what these are- fore milk is the more watery milk that comes first when they feed, like a thirst quencher, hind milk is the thicker creamier milk that comes later to fill them!
at least 3 of my kids have had this bowel thing its quite common but if you do get worried or hes in pain go and see your hv or midwife hope ive helped a little xx
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down