Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michaels Birth story

3 posters

Go down

Michaels Birth story Empty Michaels Birth story

Post by summer-rain Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 am

Michael was born 14/5/2010 4 weeks 4 days early.

I had to go to the day unit twice weekly for gestational diabetes,spd and high blood pressure Rolling Eyes Laughing

So I toddled down on the 13th sat down and they came straight over to me and put me on a bed, normally I would find a seat we would chat then I would be put on the monitor blahhh you all know the drill Laughing they put the monitor on and start asking how I am and get the blood pressure machine put take my blood pressure and say oh this machine has been measuring high all day (it's 9 am) .

The day unit nurse looked at michaels print out and said nice strong heart beat but lets go get you scanned might as well while your here and whisk me off to ultra sound. At this oint I have no idea whats going on I am just going with the flow
Laughing

The sonographer (sp) starts to do a scan and calls another lady in they start muttering and taking measurements. Then I get taken to the bed and again with the question.

I confirmed I was on insulin and had noticed my need had reduced over the last few day. Also confirmed I was really tired more so than usual and movements were slowing down. They told me Michael's heart wasn't making accelerating with movement or decelerating it was staying static and they wanted a doctor to come and speak to me.

The doctor informed me that my waters were dangerously low and they thought my placenta was maturing and this was why I didn't need so much insulin. I was then told the baby would need to be induced sooner rather than later. I took this to mean at 37 weeks so said no problems and when would they like me to come in. The doctor then informed me I was coming in because I wasn't going home Shocked

After 20 minuets of pleading it was agreed I could go home for 2 hours to sort child care and grab a bag but I had to be back for induction at 2pm. It was then that the Doctor told me IF I didn't come back they couldn't guarantee Baby would still be alive in 24 hours.

So I went home sorted thing came back. Was told could waste time with steroids and induced me there and then.

I was put on the drip 8 am the next day (pessaries didn't work) by 10.30 they broke my waters by 13.15 Michael was here weighing in at 7lb 9oz Laughing 1 push gas and air only nice and easy Very Happy

Things went down hill after that I wont go into all the gory details might do that another day another thread but will say we spent 12 days in hosital some in nicu the rest in trans care but all is well now and my chunck monkey is over 20lb at 5 months affraid Laughing

If you got through that then WELL DONE and thank you for reading my story hug1 hug2

summer-rain

Number of posts : 18
Tell us about yourself : I have 2 boys 1 girl and love my OH
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Michaels Birth story Empty Re: Michaels Birth story

Post by kay Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 am

hug2

I never realised thats what you went through - and here's me pouring out my woes to you (i guess at least you been there lol!)

He is a very beautiful chunk! I love you
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:28 pm

wow thats quite an ordeal, thanks for sharing hug1
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by summer-rain Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Kay I love listening to you hug3 and I love hugging frankie he is sooooo cute haha

Ang thank you for reading I hope you didn't have to grab snacks and pop corn half way through lol hug3

It really wasn't that bad the nurses we Fab and there was always someone there to talk to even at 3am.

One morning me and one nurse Liz got told of for talking too loud lol she was lovelyy and I will never forget her

Embarassed

Kay you should post the pic of Frankie and Michael side by side I have it on my phone as your caller Id lol

summer-rain

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 am

i love reading birth stories Laughing
it does make things easier when youve nice nurses on your side doesnt it!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by summer-rain Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 am

Yes it does and the support I got was second to none and I love reading birth stories too Laughing

summer-rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down