Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

b/feeding

3 posters

Go down

b/feeding Empty b/feeding

Post by donna4 Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 pm

hello again ladies i know iv plenty of time to get my head around it but im so scared and nervous about bfeeding this time round i keep reading ( + reading + reading) up on it see if there was something i did wrong last time that i could change this time round but the only thing iv come up with is to make nipples less sensitive a couple of weeks before birth mess with them daily Embarassed
have you any tips please ladies on well anything that might help?
thankyou xxxx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

b/feeding Empty Re: b/feeding

Post by Natasha Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 am

Unfortunatly the first for weeks for most women are quite uncomfortable, it shouldn't be unbearable though and if it is there is something wrong.

We all feel the initial toe curling latch, but once on it should be much more comfortable and bearable (while nips get tough).

You wont know until baby is here, but I suggest looking at loads and loads of latching vids and maybe getting some nip cream in and maybe nipple shields for backup if your really struggling.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:02 pm

thanks tash i think im looking for some mirical solution and thats this time rounds going to be great lol Rolling Eyes
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

b/feeding 871924 I know, and I am am sure you feel anxious and apprehension, you want it to work this time so your feelings are totally understandable.

Try not to base your last experiences on what you new experience will be, fresh new start remember b/feeding 875230
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mumof2girls Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:02 am

i had heard using a good lanolin cream like lansinoh for a few weeks before baby is born can help. i have used that cream from day 1 this time which helped a fair bit! i hope things go better for you 2nd time round! i didnt have much luck with first baby either (alot of pain!) but this time even though we are running into problems still i have lasted 7weeks. every baby is different Smile

mumof2girls

Number of posts : 12
Tell us about yourself : I am Bel 24yrs old, have a daughter Gemma she is 3yrs in march, and a newborn girl Autumn she is 5weeks old.

Thanks and Reputation points : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down