Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week

4 posters

Go down

"No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week Empty "No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week

Post by kay Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:40 pm

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/87407.php

:bang:

Sorry - its a topical debate i know, but i think if a baby has a 75% chance of survival at 24 weeks, there is no debate. It is TOO late!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

"No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week Empty Re: "No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week

Post by ldnug Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:59 pm

I watched a horrendous programme about this a few weeks ago and i think 24 weeks is far too late!!

I think 18 weeks should be the limit
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

"No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week Empty Re: "No medical reason to lower abortion limit from 24 week

Post by Kasia80 Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:58 am

yes, it was dispatches, i believe...

I ditto 18 weeks.

I always say its a womens personal choice, at the end of the day its her who will carry baby, give birth and probably be a main care giver.
But on otherside if there is evidence of fetal pain so much earlier, we know babies smile in womb way before 24 mark, what makes abortion different from killing?
Plus, yes survival rates are amazing.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:31 am

I do agree its the womans choice - she has to live with it.

It is mainly the medical staff i feel for - so many are against it, and have to perform these ops or at least are on the medical team for them.
I read in the paper while i was in hospital a harrowing account given by a nurse, which is too horrid to go into detail - but the basics were in one room they were trying to save a baby born prem at 22 weeks, and in the next room they were aborting twins at 24 weeks. Needless to say who had the better chance of survival.......
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:54 pm

oh, and its called medical miscarriage. i swear it is. i was looking on JR in Oxford web site and it can be either surgical or non surgical medical miscarriage. Ekhem.

In a program Lisa was taking there where really graphic pictures and videos of terminated pregnancies... I was really shocked, you know. and not many things shocks me nowdays.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:01 pm

I think it should be lowerd to 18 weeks too, 24 is just too far.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:28 pm

of course 24 is too far, look at the triplets they were born at 25 weeks and now are living happily and healty...

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:37 pm

It was dispatches Katie - it was very graphic.

It was the link to foetal pain that really shocked me.

I am not a supporter of abortions anyway but respect women's choice in some circumstances.

However it is not another form of birth control.
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down