Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008

5 posters

Go down

Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008 Empty Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008

Post by Mervs Mum Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Here's mine (taken from another forum)

Soooooo....

I had my 3rd sweep on tuesday 14th at 2pm. My cervix hadnt changed in a week - 2cm 50% effaced. Gutted
My lovely MW booked me with the consultant on thursday morning to talk about induction. I went home devastated - I didnt want inducing but I also didnt want to be pregnant for almost 3 more weeks!!!

OH and I basically resigned ourselves to things not happening anytime soon. He talked about delaying his parternity leave until after half term. I ate a qtr of a fresh pineapple, some leg over and prayed to mother moon!!!

In the night I woke to go to the loo - I thought maybe I was having more discharge as I felt a bit wet. Had a wee and back to bed. 4am I laid in bed feeling damp again...I pushed gently and thought ooops I peed the bed. I got out and there was a little gush when I sat on the loo.....hmmmmm...I moved to get a pad and another gush....I called OH and said I thought I was leaking and sure enough....WHOOSH....

I rang the Birth Centre and they said to make my way in to check if they had definately gone. We sorted Emily out and set off in. All the time losing more fluid but only really having minor belly ache.

I got out the car outside the Birth Centre and they really went - I was soaked!!! Waddled in dripping. By the time they'd done what they need to I started getting mild contractions. 6 am ish by this time.

I got my TENS machine on and by 8 am I was having good contrations about 3/4 mins apart. The MW who took over at 8 came and looked at me and we were all pretty convinced I wouldnt be there long. I had a weird feeling between my legs and in my bum and she decided to examin me as I was getting a bit paniced that it was all happening really fast. I was only 3cm!!

I cracked on bouncing on the ball and using the TENS which I would recommend to get you thru the early stages. They were regular and eventually go too strong for the TENS machine so I switched to G&A.

Things carried on and I was tired so I got on the bed to try to rest. I didnt want the contractions to slow down though. They did slow a bit but fortunately, they got stronger at the same time. The MW suggested pethadine at this point as I was getting in a tizz and needed to have a rest for the main event. I had the injection and snoozed between contractions and talked shite to OH!!! I got a couple of hours rest then things started to ramp up. The contractions were very painful - this I now know was Hebe trying to turn from back to back to the right way round. I needed to be off the bed but I was tired and wouldnt get up. They eventually got me on all fours in the bathroom - I HATED IT!!! It was painful and I didnt want to be on the bathroom floor!!! I started getting agro with everyone and then someone suggested the birth pool. YES!!

So off we went....I had to leave my beloved G&A behind!!! NOOOOOO!!! It was too far!!! But we set off and I had a contraction on the corridor...I thought I was gonna pass out!!! We made it to the pool and they got me in. I was on all four and it felt good initially but the pains were sooo bad as she kept trying to turn...this is when I lost it!! I was in the pool telling OH I wasnt going to do this and I think I need an epidural!! That was THE last thing I'd wanted all along and fortunately I had put in my birth plan 'even if I beg for one - NO EPIDURAL!' I knew it would slow things down but I was in so much pain I couldnt see past it. The MW buggered off (to escape me telling her to get off me or shut up!) and I started on OH for a while...

I demanded to be taken out of the pool and put on a bed with an epidural!! While I was in the pool I must have been dilating like mad coz I kept losing gushes of blood etc - they were all looking at each other like 'oh this is good' and I just wanted OUT!!!

I got out and again had to get from the pool to my room without my lovely G&A!!! I looked at the MW and said 'we have to RUN!!' She just laughed and said 'OK you set off!!' I had another mid corridor contraction and I told everyone that the G&A must be knackered coz it felt just as bad without it as with it!!!

They got me in my room's bathroom on a birth stool - hubby sat on the loo and me infront on the stool. She examined me and it was crunch time.....9cm!! She told me my epi was out the window now for deffo (errrm....who would have thought it!!) and I needed to listen to her carefully and do as I was told. Something must have clicked because I just did.

They started laying stuff out on the bathroom floor - injections etc and I thought 'we must be nearly there'....

I'm not sure how many more pushes it took. I ditched the G&A altogether at this point and just listened and went for it. She told me if I wanted to push then go for it.

I pushed and panted when they told me and before I knew it her head was out and her body followed. The took the cord from round her neck and put her up on my chest.....I looked back at hubby and he was just crying and crying...I was shell shocked.

She was born at 9.16pm and weighed 8lb 11oz.

They told me after that I delivered her head perfectly - I didnt need any stitches. I think that was because I did exactly as I was told.

Hebe is perfect. The image of her Daddy (poor lass!)

I'd do it all again in a breath......

Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008 Hebeandmum

Meeting her emotional big sister....

Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008 Em

Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008 P1010001-Copy

Last edited by Mervs Mum on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : photos added, typo)
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008 Empty Re: Hebe Ellan 15/10/2008

Post by angpixi Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:29 pm

thanks for sharing- you did make me smile! :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Thanks - I've added a couple of pics Very Happy
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:56 pm

:aww: beautiful story and stunning pics! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:05 pm

aww lovely story and lovely pictures :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 pm

lovely story and i love the pic of hebe with emily so so precious x x
claire
claire

Female Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : mum to jack