Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blakes...

+2
kay
donna4
6 posters

Go down

topic2 Blakes...

Post by donna4 Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:44 am

Im so tired. For nearly 8 mths blakes had flem and colds and coughs hes been offered an inhaler as asthma runs bad in my family but that didnt improve anything and hes still bringing up milk and food at every feed he seems to need something in him to bring all the gunk up hes not loosing weight hes a healthy 22lb and such a happy little thing but i find it so unfair his throats sore and he must be fed up so i took him back to dr's and shes finally give in and give him some amoxycilin (sp?) im praying this will help as im so shattered hes been coming into my bed when he wakes in the night from coughing as thats only way he would settle but from being poorly hes got to be the clingyest baby ever he wont settle for anyone at all im the only one he will go to sleep for and settle for he wants to be clung to me 24/7 he will move from his side of our bed to cuddle into me at the other side of the bed so hes near me, me and dan are hanging off the end of the bed so he has room and doesnt fall out etc, sorry this is so long and iv gone on... a lot but iv started with headachs again cause im not getting any sleep feel like a walking zombie i was sat in a soft play place yesterday nearly dropping off asleep Sad who wants a cute little boy for a day lol
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

topic2 Re: Blakes...

Post by kay Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:07 am

:bighug: aww hunny!

It must be awful to have a poorly baba, but like you say, at least his weight is good and he is happy.
Corey is also really clingy atm - i cant even leave the room and he screams and screams! He hangs off the bottom stairgate screaming when i have a wee, and he hugs my ankles when im washing up! And i know what you mean about sleep - he sleeps across the bed, me and dave have our arses hanging either side!
If I was any closer, i'd have him for ya hun :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:42 am

Kay we could do baby swap iv got a box big enough to pop blake in the post i could wrap him in bubble wrap so he doesnt get hurt???????
ANYONE
lol!
donna4
donna4

Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 am

:aww: dONNA SOUNDS LIKE YOUR HAVING A tough time,and theres no time to rest when you have other kids running around. Poor Blake must be exhausted too bless him. Hope things improve now he is on antibiotics.
Em wakes every 2 hours still & Dave & I have to hold the side of the bed as she has the lions share & we are knackered so i do sympathise.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 am

Donna :aww:

I just wanted to say that although amoxilin may get rid of an infection, usually and most often the child will end up getting something else (I hope this wont be true with you!) amoxilin like any type of antibiotic is an immune killer, especialy for children.

Olivia sufferd from ear infections, the first time I was given amoxilin and though it would help... it did'nt

She ended up getting another cold only weeks later and another infection pale

The next time I didn't give her any and let her bodyfight it (along with ibubrofen etc to help her)

Baring in mind though she never had an ear infection untilI stopped breastfeeding, she had cold while bfing, but the feeding must of helped prevent the ear canals blocking etc.

I then looked into alternative routes into helping her fight things by boosting her immune system.

This can be simply done by a better diet (more leafy greens, oranges etc) and alternative therapy.

I started giving her echinachea, it was a blend for young children, and within 3 months by the time it had got into her system and working with her body (takes awhile for natural alternatives to work) she hasn't had (touch wood) an ear infection since.

Shes had colds, all children get them but they have at least gone down by half.

Also any form of cows milk increases phlem, its often suggested that children (or adults) refrain from dairy while they have colds and coughs due to this.

Please read this atricle
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/434048/does_milk_increase_phlegm_production.html

Goats milk however isn't like cows, its actualy a fantastic alternative and very good for babies (and adults) and in my opinion and according to losts of reasearch its the next best thing to breast because of the nutrients and how it isn't pumped full of stuff like cows milk is.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=131

Theres a wealth of information out there, and I am sure you can help Blake in many ways.

:aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 am

Thankyou to you all for replys, he doesnt keep yogurts down so doesnt eat them, and hes on formula (:iconsad: ) so hes not having "proper milk" yet im really lucky as the kids, blake included lives on veg and fruit they dont like waffles etc so he gets goodness from that, i obviously dint want him having medicine if it wasnt going to do any good but i needed to try everything cause 8 mths solid is silly hes never had a break between colds etc, like i said he is happy and gaining weight but hes tired all the time as its taking it out of him bless him. Iv tried EVERYTHING for him i hope it goes soon for his sake.... plus i might get some sleep lol
donna4
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:21 pm

So sorry you are having a tough time hun :aww: :aww: :aww:
It's a pity I could drop at any time or I could watch him for you while you catch up on some sleep! Although he probably wouldn't be happy anyway without his mummy by the sounds of it :iconsad:
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:14 pm

aww that was nice of you think you abit occupied at the mo.. only 17 days till D DAY isnt it?
good job i dont know really well id be pacing the delivery hospital corridors waiting for you to come in
lol!
I know theres still time but do you definitly know how you would like it to go? i asked for pain free but mw said no!
take care xx
donna4
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:22 pm

:aww: Must be hard - are there any relatives who could pop in during th day so you could have a nap.

When Emily went through a stage of night waking my OH and I used to sleep in shifts so that at least one of us had a good period of sleep.

Hope things improve soon !!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down