Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im skooting into here..

3 posters

Go down

topic 9 Im skooting into here..

Post by tncl08 Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:46 pm

So I had posted on the breastfeeding issues board and I figure I just come in here on this board. Im not having any problems right now, other than getting Isabel to go to the breast. But we are working on it. I had talked to my LC and she said I am on the right track and should see some great improvements in the next 2 weeks. No breaks allowed!!!! Im stickin to it.

Right now I am getting a teaspoon of breastmilk in 24 hours opposed to just a few drops. I get better results from manual expressing. I am still on my fenugreek, mothers milk tea, oatmeal, and water. I have a strict pumping schedule 10-20 minutes every 3-4hours. I am feeling more tingling in my breasts and you know when you have a letdown? the feeling of a letdown? after i want to say about 3-6 minutes into pumping i feel the sensation of a letdown but there is nothing.. time will tell!!!!

:welldone:

Last edited by tncl08 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
tncl08
tncl08

Female Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : I breastfed my baby girl for 5 months!
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-18

http://www.myspace.com/kaytee8607

Back to top Go down

topic 9 Re: Im skooting into here..

Post by kay Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 pm

:welldone: Well done you!

Dont worry too much about where you post - because we are quite a small forum and we tend to read all new posts in all sections, so you will get answers where ever you post lol! (and i we need to move it we will, dont worry ! Very Happy )

stick to the pumping, and dont forget, what you pump is by no means an indication of what little one is getting. I expressed for the local milk bank for the 1st 12 months, and it would take me a day to get a small 3 oz bottle filled - and this was with daily pumping and a full nursing baby!
Now i rarely pump as i cant donate milk past 12 months, but Corey still nurses day and night - yet if i try to pump, all i get in 10 mins is a dribble from each boob!

you are well on the right track to getting there - and you have a fabulous attitude, so I know you can do it! :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tncl08 Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:50 am

:-D thanks!

Oh I also am going to buy a SNS. I can't wait to use it. It will get her accustom to nursing again and more comfortable. I know that there will bring my supply back in.

Can't wait! It is like chirstmas! lol
tncl08
tncl08

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:08 am

well done Very Happy :aww:
i agree with kay about how much you pump not being an indication of how much youre producing, ive bf 5 babies and never been able to pump more than 1 or 2 oz in one go!
xx
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tncl08 Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Thats true....

I just can't wait to get the SNS so I can get her to stay latched on and not fight with me anymore. I am so stinkin sore from the pumping. my poor nip nips are just sore and the size of peanut m&m's... Speaking of I need to go and start another pumping session...

Thanks again girls!
tncl08
tncl08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum