Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you do it, literally?

5 posters

Go down

How do you do it, literally? Empty How do you do it, literally?

Post by rhi'smummy Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:25 pm

How do you breast feed when you've got a bump, big or small? I've not got a bump yet, but my lower tummy, where blob is at the moment, is quite tender. Plus when Rhi lies across me, esp at night when I'm not upright as much, It presses my bladder so I get desperate for a pee. Do you change nursing positions, or just hold toddler further away?
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

How do you do it, literally? Empty Re: How do you do it, literally?

Post by Kasia80 Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:38 pm

rhi'smummy wrote:How do you breast feed when you've got a bump, big or small? I've not got a bump yet, but my lower tummy, where blob is at the moment, is quite tender. Plus when Rhi lies across me, esp at night when I'm not upright as much, It presses my bladder so I get desperate for a pee. Do you change nursing positions, or just hold toddler further away?
I, obviously, can't give you BeenThereDoneThat advice, only what I know from listening to other mums...
You can try nursing while laying down, side lying or you on your back and toddler on her 4rs, etc... or with Rhi sitting next to you, sort of under your arm way- a modified football hold; she could try nurse standing too.
I'm sure more girls will offer tips Smile :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Not been there either but try lying down to feed and during the day sit on the couch and have her stand between your legs and try to feed. Though as you get bigger that might start to get awkward.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 am

I'm thinking more IF we're out and about. Rhi doesn't hardly ever feed when we're out, but when she's tired or gets hurt, especially if its the 2 together, she likes a little cuddle and a small feed. A cuddle just isn't enough sometimes.
I suppose we'll just figure it out when we get there.
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardust Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:58 pm

I haven't done it either yet... but I guess as you get bigger then she could just sit to the side while you cuddle her & she feeds but like you say you will work it out
Stardust
Stardust

Female Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : My nearly 2yr old son & I enjoy a lovely BFing relationship
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm

when i was pg with Willow and feeding Aeryn we just shifted positions until we were comfy, at night we managed best lying down on our sides (usually padded with pillows!) and during the day she kindof fit sitting under my arm!! basically trial and error til we both got comfy!!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum