Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area

+6
donna4
Natasha
kaygeebee
angpixi
kay
♥poppysmummy♥
10 posters

Go down

topic3 Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area

Post by ♥poppysmummy♥ Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Chloe I had a beautiful baby girl 8weeks ago and really enjoying breastfeeding (apart from the inital pains) I was wondering if there was anyone else from the Birmingham area who could guide me on the best places for support and if anyone knows of any handy places for breastfeeding, a few times now I have been caught out with people being a bit funny and would be most grateful if there are any local ladies xx

♥poppysmummy♥

Female Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : hi my name is chloe i have a beautiful little girl called poppy she is 3 weeks old, i am hoping to find other feeders in my local area (birmingham) and chat to other mums with young babies as i am a 1st time mum!
i was never really intersted in the idea of breastfeeding until i found out i was preganant then suddenly found this new me who was totally over the moon, pregnancy flew by far to fast and im left wanting a thousand babies! now i cant imagine not breastfeeding my little popstar, the bond is beyond words and i love the way she snuggles in while tucked into my boobs!
hope to hear back from some of you some time soon...x
BREAST IS MOST DEFINITELY BEST!!
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

topic3 Re: Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area

Post by kay Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Hiya Chloe, welcome to the forum! Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area Icon_biggrin

Our site founder, Natasha, is from the Birmingham area, so i'm sure she can offer some hints to you! Im sure there are a few other members from the west midlands area too on here.

Look forward to getting to know you ! Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area 871924
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥poppysmummy♥ Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks Kay, feeling a little like im the only person in the world who is breastfeeding, Poppy is only 3 weeks so only really started going out last week but its like everybody stares (making me slightly uncomfortable but im detirmined not to let it put me off!) hopefully Natasha will pick up my post and be able to give me hand and point me in the right direction....

Cheers hun xx

♥poppysmummy♥

Female Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : hi my name is chloe i have a beautiful little girl called poppy she is 3 weeks old, i am hoping to find other feeders in my local area (birmingham) and chat to other mums with young babies as i am a 1st time mum!
i was never really intersted in the idea of breastfeeding until i found out i was preganant then suddenly found this new me who was totally over the moon, pregnancy flew by far to fast and im left wanting a thousand babies! now i cant imagine not breastfeeding my little popstar, the bond is beyond words and i love the way she snuggles in while tucked into my boobs!
hope to hear back from some of you some time soon...x
BREAST IS MOST DEFINITELY BEST!!
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

hi welcome to the forum, look forward to getting to know you Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area 871924
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:51 pm

♥poppysmummy♥ wrote:Thanks Kay, feeling a little like im the only person in the world who is breastfeeding, Poppy is only 3 weeks so only really started going out last week but its like everybody stares (making me slightly uncomfortable but im detirmined not to let it put me off!) hopefully Natasha will pick up my post and be able to give me hand and point me in the right direction....

Cheers hun xx

she will hunny - she has a lot on at the moment, but as soon as she sees the post she will help all she can xx

you seem to have a fab attitiude - shared by all of us on here! Make sure you familiarise yourself with the new breastfeeding protection law - just to throw at anyone if you need to Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area Icon_tongue We have a good article on ot on here somewhere - i will find it and post the link for you
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Welcome! Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area Icon_biggrin

I found initially when BF in public that because my LO was so tiny, people were staring at him!! People don't often see very young babies out and about so well done.

In what sense have people been 'funny' about it?

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area Herz Hiya

Welcome to the forum and im so pleased your enjoying breastfeeding Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area 262538

There is a breastfeeding support network in Birmingham.

The site is slightly outdated but the woman who runs this is lovely I suggest you give her a call and im sure she will help you out.

http://www.breastfeedinginbirmingham.org/hobbuddyscheme

Here is a list of support around the west midlands, they are there.

http://www.breastfeedingcommunity.co.uk/interactivemap/west_midlands.htm

Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area 871924
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area Icon_cheers hello and welcome xxx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello and welcome Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area Icon_cheers Breatfeeding Support In My Local Area 871924
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Might be a bit late to respond, but I tend to like feeding either coffee shops mostly, but John Lewis and Mothercare are normally very good for feeding rooms which means you can go and sit comfortably without buying a coffee if you aren't ready to stop for one.

Good luck, I hope things are going well. My hubby comes from that area (Halesowen) and his parents, grandparents and sister still live there.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 pm

hi and welcome to the forum xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi, congratulations on your bundle of love! Have you asked your HV if there's a breastfeeding cafe anywhere near you? I found that a great help when Rhi was tiny. A great suggestion someone gave me was to try breast feeding at home in front of a mirror, you'll be surprised how little can be seen, actualy it often just looks like your giving her a cuddle, so it can be more in your mind, or it was in mine anyway.
Hope you find some like minded mums soon
xx
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content