Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm..

+2
Kasia80
kay
6 posters

Go down

GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Empty GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm..

Post by kay Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:44 pm

I have just re-read a copy of Practical Parenting that Dave bought for me when I was just pregnant (Feb issue).
I am like GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Icon_eek

there are 13 full pages dedicated to advertising and promotions of formula and bottles.
Their free gift for taking out a subscription is a steriliser and bottles.

There is one article on breastfeeding with a pump comparison, and one other mention to breastfeeding on the 'problem page'.

I really had to scour the mag to find ANY reference to breastfeeding, yet every other page had some reference to bottles or formula GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Icon_evil

This is why i never buy these bloody things! but the problem is, so many people do, and swear by them, so this is seen as 'the norm' GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Icon_mad
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Empty Re: GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm..

Post by Kasia80 Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:19 am

lol
practical parenting is hardly bf friendly magazine, honey x
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Empty Re: GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm..

Post by Natasha Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah Kay there are pro FF, money money money
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm pretty aware of that, but its like im saying - it isnt something i would normally buy - but many new mums and 1st time mums will, and it makes it seem the norm to buy bottles and bottlefeed - there should be some sort of restrictions on these mags as there are on formula ads.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Yeah just what babyaction are trying to do, ban all advertising
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

hello all, i must admit from day one of being pregnant (hes now 8 ) i have bought every magazine going pp, mother and baby, pregnancy and birth etc and theres never been anything on bf, with jamie i used to buy these A4 cards from conception to 5 years and spent a fortune on them and they didnt mention breat feeding at all but i still bf jamie for te beging it was thanks to my mw and her wanting me to use the bottle i gave up with him. my friends just had her 2nd baby and never had any info at all on bf and she bf both hers .... and hes sooo cute hes only a few days old GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Icon_biggrin
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:48 pm

I never received any help or advice on bfing when I was pregnant with Tia...and what I had with Lil miss was pretty much non exisitant and that's different countries. Here they give free packets of formula milk away with parenting mags and I have only ever seen maybe one or two women breastfeeding in public....ever. It makes me really sad. Sad
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:30 pm

You're right Kay - I always intended to BF, so I took no notice - but bottlefeeding is really rammed down your neck! It's also nearly always assumed by health professionals that you are at least mixed feeding!

My GP asked me if Owen was OK with Cow's milk the other day ....... I was like errrrrm I don't know, he's been exclusively BF ...... and he was like Oh, right. GRR! now i see why society sees bottle feeding as the norm.. Icon_rolleyes

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down