Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow!

4 posters

Go down

19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! Empty 19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow!

Post by Natasha Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 pm

So erm yeah our little Lottie still feeds a lot!

Anyone else experience this? will she settle? maybe even feed less often Razz
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! Empty Re: 19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow!

Post by jools Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 am

Colby is 22 months old and he is the same!
He is fine while we are out and about but if we are home or somewhere I can sit down, he's there bfolder Laughing
He still wakes often in the night too and 9 times out of 10 won't settle again without milk.
Brody was never like this Surprised
I don't mind as such but he just won't settle for anyone else at all which can sometimes be a problem!
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! Empty Re: 19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow!

Post by Natasha Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:07 am

Yeah, Lottie is the same.

Although if im not here she will be fine and quite happily just go to sleep!

If im here its.. "booooby"

Razz

I didn't experience any of this last time, Olivia was very much interested in everything else! plus we stopped at 13 months so all new for me.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Awww bless her!
I wish Colby would sleep. I have to lay with him until he drops off. He is on and off the boob and uses them as a comforter too (tweaking the nips). I have tried allsorts to try and stop him but it's the only way he will go to sleep affraid Oooh it's hard work

In the day he actually tries to yank them out of my top and gets angry if I have to say no. Neutral
Sorry I've started a little rant there Embarassed

He shouts booob too Laughing He talks really well but still can't say milk (it sounds like muck when he tries ) Laughing so he usually just signs it or says boob or 'this one' lol! Laughing
jools
jools

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Razz ha ha bless!!!

Well we are still co sleeping and she comes up when we go bed (goes to sleep down stairs on our sofa bed after boooooby Embarassed )

She tweaks too! while feeding when shes half asleep ( I hate it 19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! 884789 ) and gets in a mood if I put my hand there to stop her! 19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! 475585

She is sleeping a lot better at night now though, going from say 9 pm till 12 and then off until at least 5am lately19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! 175145

During the day however this is different, but hey im sure she needs it I love you
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 am

Awww with the tweaking they seem very similar Laughing It drives me mad lol!

That's brilliant that she's getting better at night. cheers

Colby is in with me too and I'm pretty sure I'm waking him sometimes as our bed is soooo creaky!
He keeps trying to go climb in Brody's bed at bed time though so I'm wondering if he is hinting he wants his own bed Laughing We are about to start decorating the ig room for Brody though so soon enough he will have his own room so he can choose where to sleep Very Happy
jools
jools

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline A Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi
My DD is 22 months and has recently started to feed a bit less, especially at night. When she wakes (we are co-sleeping) and wants a wee nurse back to sleep I try shushing her back to sleep or sing a quiet song and I've found she mostly falls back to sleep!!
At about 5/6am I do give her a feed, coz I really don't want her waking that early. (lazy mummy LOL ).
She also loves to twiddle the other nipple while feeding and she gets sooo cross if I try to stop her. Rolling Eyes
Caroline xoxo

Caroline A

Female Number of posts : 14
Tell us about yourself : 34 year old married mother of 3. 2 boys and 1 girl. have loved breastfeeding all my babies.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 am

Razz Aww another twiddler!

I hope Lottie starts to feed a little less often, especialy during the day as it can be a bit of a pain when I need to do things.

Jools I tried putting Lottie in with Olivia a few months back, but they just played up and never went to sleep 19 months and feeds like there is no tomorrow! 884789

So soon scrapped that idea!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Oooh little tweakers Laughing It gets bloody sore though doesn't it? Laughing

Natasha I won't be putting them in together for that very reason lol! Brody actually sleeps well now so don't want to spoil that!
Brody is going into the bigger bedroom soon so Brody's room will be spare Wink
jools
jools

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 pm

He he !!!

Well I am going to try again when Lottie is 2, Olivia doesn't sleep well anyway (because she wants to co sleep as Lottie does) so I think the opposite will happen once they are settled and eventually sleep better (fingers crossed!)
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah I think it will probably be easier once she's that little bit older. Fingers crossed anyway hug2
jools
jools

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 am

Yes fingers crossed!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by TashaAndBump Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20 pm

My nephew is 20 months old and still feeds like a newborn! My sister is getting a little sick of it, though and is trying to cut down! Unfortunately for her my nephew seems to be the boss in the nursing relationship and isn't having any of it! Laughing
TashaAndBump
TashaAndBump

Female Number of posts : 121
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Anna (17 months old) Pregnant with identical twins! Smile

Due 29th January - Can't wait to breastfeed babies 2 and 3 :-) Anna stopped breastfeeding at 16 months 2 weeks.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Razz Oooo sound like Lottie, very much in charge!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down