Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

zachary born 7/6/11

4 posters

Go down

Topic1 zachary born 7/6/11

Post by donna4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 am

hello ladies, ill make this as short as i can.
monday morning i woke up with pressure like feeling on my chest and upper back, thought id been laid funny so went down stairs had a glass of water, brought it all back up again and that was how my day went generally feeling like i had a bug. dan came home at 6pm from work said i looked horrible and i needed to ring the midwife. i did so she said ring the out of hr doctor which i did, and they said theres an ambulance on its way!!!!
the man and woman was great i was taken straight to ward 26 (maternity) a fab female dr came to see me i had ecg's, blood tests, my bp taken which was sky high so was put on two drips one to stop me fitting, the other to bring bp down but it wasnt working so she used another medicine thats ment to guarentee it to bring bp down .... it dint work. my mum said she was watching the dr's face and she said she looked extremely worried! eventually she said i needed to be induced, which is so more painful than natural labour, i had some diamorphine as i wasnt even dilated and the pain was horrible. to cut a long story short 2 hrs later when everyone decided to go out the room my body went into pushing mode there was nothing i could do but go with it everyone came rushing back in as two pushes later my little man was born weighing 7lb 6 1/2oz (which for us is tiny)
i stayed on delivery suit for 3 days to be looked after i had to have a catheter and i still had my drips etc. the care was amazing and could not fault it what so ever. but i was in a great big room alone so was a bit lonely.
after the 3 days i went down to maternity ward they were great too.
i was told i had HELP syndrome where your bloods are missing one of the cells and your liver doesnt work well, pre-eclampsia bad, and they thought id had a mild heart attack.
whilst on maternity ward i had bloods taken daily wich made a mess of my arms, bp taken every few hrs, medication for the bp etc oh i tried to get past this cracked bleeding nipple zach had given me from feeding, but after being unsuccessful with blake instead of saying i want to feed for 6 months i took the feeds day by day to see how it went.
the heart dr came to me after me having a heart scan begining of this week and said they had picked up a murmur which i explained i had one as a child but a dr at the hospital told me it had cleared up when i was 13, but apparently its still there, so i have to go to leeds in 3 months time for more tests to see how bad it is etc, which was a huge relief it wasnt anything more serious.

the day before i was discharged a midwife came to me asked how i was and said people with high levels of (carnt remember what she said now) this stuff in your blood like i did usually dieand im extremely lucky (which i knew anyway bout being lucky)!!!!! why would you say that to someone? stupid women.

so i now have my 5th addition to our family zachary karl mchugh he breast feeds lovely, apart from a bit of fussing over my right boob but in the first week he only lost 3oz which i was told was good.
dans booked in for the snip which im over the moon about as theres no way im risking pregnancy again iv put my body through enough now.

hope iv not gone on to much lol. xxxxx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Topic1 Re: zachary born 7/6/11

Post by angpixi Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:22 pm

cheers glad youre both ok, was getting a bit worried when you hadnt been on for ages
zachary born 7/6/11 262538 zachary born 7/6/11 262538 zachary born 7/6/11 262538 HUGE congratulations on the birth of your little man zachary born 7/6/11 129911 glad hes bf well!
would love to see some photos when you get a chance, really pleased you and hubby are good too xxxxxx
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:47 am

thankyou zachary born 7/6/11 871924
bf is so different this stime round he feeds a lot better than blake did plus i understand more about feeding this time, and one huge thing which i wasnt told last time was when in babys nappy it will look bitty from the fats from the milk ..... blake never had that in his nappy and they were never runny like zachs so obviously blake dint get everything he needed. but apart from the rock hard boobs if zach goes over his 3 hrs everything is good with the feeding zachary born 7/6/11 900702 (i can finally use that pic for me now lol)
xxxxx
donna4
donna4

Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by salj1980 Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Aw, congratulations Donna, so glad to hear you're OK, enjoy your snuggles with your wee mannie! xx

salj1980

Female Number of posts : 84
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Huw, born Nov '09. He's the light of my life!
Thanks and Reputation points : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 am

thankyou, yes im making the most of all the cuddles i get Very Happy xxx
donna4
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Congrats hun. Hope your feeling good I love you
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down