Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

b/f in Tunisia

2 posters

Go down

b/f in Tunisia Empty b/f in Tunisia

Post by michellehagger Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Ladies,
I'm going on holiday to Tunisia in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any tips for feeding Phoebe whilst out there. For example will she be ok eating the hotel food or should I take some jars? She will be 8 months when we go. We are doing baby led weaning and she normaly eats the same foods as us and not jars. Also, does anyone know how socially acceptable it is to breastfeed in public out there? I am happy to feed in public here but do not want to offend anyone in an unfamiliar culture.
Thanks everyone.

michellehagger

Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : Mum of 3 daughters. Georgia is 10, Flo is 6 and Phoebe is 5 weeks
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

b/f in Tunisia Empty Re: b/f in Tunisia

Post by angpixi Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Hiya! First of all, lucky you! I think the advice I would give is to bf but be extremeley discrete about it, from what I have heard it is still a culture where women and men are seperated until marriage so foreign women are sometimes looked upon as enticing! its best to keep covered so as not to be bothererd or offend. As far as food goes I think in the main its ok but I would if I were you take some food in jars in case youre eating somewhere else or other foods that she may not be used to, even take plenty of snacks like the organic baby crisps etc..
Hope you have an amazing time, show us photos when you came home xx b/f in Tunisia 871924
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum