Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flu Jabs

3 posters

Go down

Flu Jabs Empty Flu Jabs

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:57 am

Is it ok to have it..

I went docters this morning and was taken to nurses and she just said flu jab you need it, here you go, stab and it was done.. never got time for questions or nothing!

*edit* Just googled it and got this

The Department of Health advises that it is safe for pregnant women to have the flu jab, but that they should have the thiomersal-free vaccine (mercury-free) wherever possible. It is considered that the benefits of having the vaccination outweigh the risks of exposure to thiomersal.

Some pregnant women have medical conditions (such as chronic disease of the heart, lungs, liver or kidneys) which suppress their immune systems, making a bout of flu more severe. Again, in these cases the benefits of having the jab are greater than any possible risks, and vaccination should take place before the flu season begins, regardless of the stage of pregnancy.

Clinical studies have shown no adverse effects from the flu jab on pregnant women (or their babies) or those who are breastfeeding, as the virus in the vaccine is inactivated.

I dont know if what i was given was the recommended one but im sure it wont matter,

Back to top Go down

Flu Jabs Empty Re: Flu Jabs

Post by kay Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 am

From what i have read on internet, it is probably better to have it than not to hun - although you should have a say in it hehe!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:03 pm

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/vaccines-bf.html#flu

"Influenza vaccine does not affect the safety of mothers who are breastfeeding or their infants. Breastfeeding does not adversely affect the immune response and is not a contraindication for vaccination."

http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/supporterline/fluinjections.php

Wendy, MRPharmS. Community Pharmacist and Breastfeeding Supporter, the Breastfeeding Network.
The information presented here is intended to provide some immediate information but cannot replace input from the medical profession and breastfeeding experts. No responsibility can be taken by the author or the Breastfeeding Network for the way in which the information is used.
It is safe to have a 'flu injection whilst breastfeeding

• Influenza vaccine is prepared from inactivated, non viable 'flu viruses
  • The vaccine is injected because the drug is not absorbed orally so any pasing into breastmilk would not be absorbed
  • There are no published contraindications to use of the vaccine during breastfeeding
  • Influenza vaccination is licensed to be given directly to babies over 6 months

Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:13 pm

Hang on a minute, they didn't even ask you?
You had no say?

I'm confussed?
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:25 pm

Nope, i was waiting to see the doc, when the nurse came up to me and said follow me, u need your jab, because i had bradley and bailey with me by the time i got there, she had it ready, i sat down and that was it.. she stabbed me.. i said i didnt even come here for that! Sad and it hurt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:28 pm

awww hun!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:31 pm

Well at least its over for another yr Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content