Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bronchilities

+4
kay
piesmummy2006
jools
ldnug
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bronchilities Empty Bronchilities

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Bailey has it and its a bad dose of it, i wont go into detail to much because i dont want to upset anyone, and plus hes so much betteer than this morning, thats the main thing.
Just nipped to get him some bits some of his home comforts, but my main concern is his feeding now, i have been stresssed all day so im not producing and they are not lettin me feed him at the moment, cos hes getting to tired to quickly.

Nichola i saw stephanie is it, rubys mummy at the hospital, i'll keep her informed as to what has happened so she can update you tuesday but highly unlikly i'll be there again..

It was touch and go for my little man but hes on the mend now, its been 13 hours since it happened, but we need to see what tests come bck as etc to find out the full extent of his damage is..

Love to you all.. im heading back up there, so speak soon i hope..

Back to top Go down

Bronchilities Empty Re: Bronchilities

Post by ldnug Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:03 pm

:aww: Hope he is ok

Thinking of u!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Shocked
Hope he's ok! :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 pm

oh no hope he's ok :aww: :aww:
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Give him big :aww: from me!
and a big :aww: for you too!

Keep me posted hun x
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 am

Just got your text give him a hug from me too! Hope he's ok :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:12 am

Oh, Fiona...Poor Bailey!!!

Maya had Broncholitis when she was Baileys age, exactly. Its terrible. I hope he will bounce back and get better fast!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi girls well an update from me, seen docters this morning.. they are amazed by his response to treatment, they was expecting him to need oxygen therapy for a few days, buit my little fighter has amazed them all by not needed oxygen for very long at all.. he had a couple of dips with his levels through the night but hes still my smily boy, and pulling through this awful infection just fine, they are worried incase he goes downhill as its still so early days but hes on monitering so if anything bad happens like yesterday he can be seen to immediatly.. hes staying in till hes 100% better, they will repeat the xray in 3 days to see if the medication is working, which it is because hes now leaving my nice parcels out his nose, all the gunk etc.. lol.. bless him

No but on a good note he is nearly there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:01 am

Oh ps thanks for the wishes.. i will give him a big squeeze from you all :aww:

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:49 pm

:aww: I'm so glad he is on the mend!

Oh hug him from me :bighug:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:53 pm

:aww:

Glad he's getting there I love you

He's in the right place - like you say - he can be treated immediately should any thing else happens. Fingers crossed its smiles all the way now though Smile
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:08 pm

:aww: little trooper!! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:18 pm

:bighug: for u both!!
ldnug
ldnug

Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by nichola Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:07 pm

Just read this Fiona so sorry Bailey has been so poorly lots of :aww: to you both.

I am glad to hear he is on the mend and recovering so quickly too he is a star.

It is so horrible when they are ill.

Best wishes

Nichola

nichola
BreastBuddies
BreastBuddies

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:07 am

scratch i did post a update yesterday.. scratch
oh well this is what i said yesterday..

Well its not such good news today, through the night he wasnt behaving himself at all, he de saturated down to 82 again and his little heart rate went down to 85-76 so he was given immediate oxygen and another chest xray, and its not as good as we thought he now has bronchil pneomina on top of bronchilities, so hes still fighting but my poor boy will have to endure more stay at the hospital for a few more days, hes grumpy and not feeding at all through the night, today they are concerned due to the lack of wet napies hes had 2 damp ones since 7.30pm last night, so they are seeing how that goes but if he doesnt pick up today with his feeding he will have no choice but to get put back on the drip.. so thats it, all i done is cry this morning, its not great but he will fight this, he has to..

and todays update is.. Very Happy

he again didnt have a good night, was requring 5 litres of oxygen, to keep his sats above 92%, but this morning hes his bubbly self talking and kicking his legs away, hes still on his iv antibotics and at the moment only on 2%of oxygen so hes getting himself weaned off it
Last night he was sick every where with all the crap coming off his chest, a good thing it is at least its not sat there.. hes poohing like no tomorow which again is because of the antibiotics working through his system.. not a nice thing to clean up first thing in a morning lol...
On a bad note he isnt feeding well at all, my milk is nearly dried up, i cant express anything, maybe cos im stressed out and not eating properly, but the docters have said i have done well and if i cant carry on then im not to feel bad, i keep puting him to the breast because i really dont want to quit so will have to see how that spans out!

so thats it, he is getting there just taking longer than i thought...

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:13 am

:aww:

Keep your chin up hunny, he is a little fighter Smile

Do what you can with your BF, im sure they might be able to give you some tips on the pumping etc, but dont beat yourself up about it - the important thing at the moment is getting Bailey better. If you are getting the chance to put him to the breast, that had got to be the best thing - it will give him comfort and reassurance too.

:bighug: to you all xxx
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:55 am

I hope he will keep improving, Fiona!

As for milk supply, have look in https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/breastfeeding-problems-f17/reasons-and-treatment-for-low-milk-supply-t125.htm and follow al tips just like you did before and i'm sure it all will go back to normal. And i remind you pupming its not a indication of levels of your milk supply at all. As long as Bailey has wet nappies and plenty of poops it means you give him enough.
I just hope you don't give him ff? Please say No! , pretty please? Do you remember about all imune factors of bm? Your bm is designed for your child and if he is ill it gets ultra super magic, :boob: , and helps baby fight infections.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:31 pm

:aww: Glad he is improving - as Kay said e will get comfort and even if only a little milk from u at the mo! U managed b4 and i am sure u will again. We are all here 4 u!

:group hug:
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:34 pm

kay wrote::aww:

Keep your chin up hunny, he is a little fighter Smile

Do what you can with your BF, im sure they might be able to give you some tips on the pumping etc, but dont beat yourself up about it - the important thing at the moment is getting Bailey better. If you are getting the chance to put him to the breast, that had got to be the best thing - it will give him comfort and reassurance too.

:bighug: to you all xxx

I agree!
Big hugs :aww: :bighug:
jools
jools

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Aww don't worry katie i'm trying not to feed him ff although he has had to have 2 bottles just to get his fluids up, i've used all my ebm now, he's not feeding well at all and now he seem's to be poorly as in not settling and crying most of the time. Think the infection finally taking its toll on my poor boy. He is trying to feed from me and is managing 5 mins every hour before coughing and getting upset. I've made my feelings clear to the nurses that i wanna feed him myself x

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:15 pm

ive just read this post, i hope your little man is getting better, im thinking of you both, :aww: :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by nichola Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:58 pm

:aww: to you and Bailey.

Try not to worry about the breastfeeding atm stress really will not help your supply and you have enough to worry about for now.

just put Bailey to the breast as much as you can cos he will get alot of comfort from it and it is the best thing for him .You can just keep your supply ticking over then when he is better I bet he will want to feed loads and your supply will soon build up again.

Thinking of you all

Nichola

nichola
BreastBuddies
BreastBuddies

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:15 pm

Opp's if someone wants to delete 2 of my Posts not sure why it did that its thiS dann phone Stupid thing. Thanks nichola i'm doing that just hoping i'll be able to meet his demands when he's well enough. Thanks ang x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:05 pm

oh, hun! You can do it! And so he can! He is a little trooper and he will beat nasty bug, I'm sure!
And don't forget to take care yourself too. Eat well and drink, if not for yourself, for Bailey! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:07 pm

*sunshinestars* wrote:Opp's if someone wants to delete 2 of my Posts not sure why it did that its thiS dann phone Stupid thing. Thanks nichola i'm doing that just hoping i'll be able to meet his demands when he's well enough. Thanks ang x

Done it.:boob:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum