Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs!

3 posters

Go down

Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs! Empty Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs!

Post by Chelle7 Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:05 am

:aww: A friend of mine sent this to me and I then sent it to everyone I know!
Since then I have had loads of replies telling me that they have tried it on their kids and themselves and it really does work. With babies under a year better to use Snuffle babe it has same effect! this has worked too!
Give it a whirl and let me know if it works for you! cheers

Subject: For Coughing pale

Sorry, no graphic for this one, and don't laugh, it works 100% of the time although the scientists at the Canada Research council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop nighttime coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks.

Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

I heard the head of the Canada Research Council describe these findings on the part of their scientists when they were investigating the effectiveness and usage of prescription cough medicines in children as compared to alternative therapies like accupressure. Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened.

It was a surprising finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

An adult friend tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

So, if you have kids, pass it on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed by the effect.

What do you have to lose?

Chelle7

Female Number of posts : 148
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/features/display.var.1494973.0.our

Back to top Go down

Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs! Empty Re: Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs!

Post by kay Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:55 am

flower Wow! sounds good!

I'll defo give that a try next time (which no doubt wont be long!!!)
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs! Empty Re: Vicks VaporubMagic cure for coughs!

Post by ldnug Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:06 am

That sounds brilliant - will try it next time anyone has a cough!!

Will also pass it on to my friends!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down