Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are moving!

+3
jools
just Rachel
Kasia80
7 posters

Go down

We are moving! Empty We are moving!

Post by Kasia80 Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:11 am

We are moving house. On 5th of April. I mentioned possibility before, but it is still a shocker.
I'm feeling We are moving! Km_faint. All came together on Monday- till then it was just a possibility. We've filled in Mutual Exchange forms and on Monday we've had a visit from Surveior (sp?) and our Housing officer. They needed to check what state the house is in before giving us green light. It must be a good state,as they kept asking how long we live in here, lol. We knew on Monday that all is fine on our side, and today we've got confirmation in writing. Rent will be bigger, but this is what we've expected.

With Easter this week not much time to pack all house- DH is working- and kids are really wanting to help (!!!) in their own way- I'm going to be bald or grey before Big Day. Plus its looking like both John and Maya are geting cold. What means I have two grumpy, fighting kids who take my bubble wrap away and tear boxes!

New house is much bigger and closer to ... everywhereWe are moving! Km_haha

We have so far John's new school sorted- he will go to smaller and better school but with a price- its further from house. Never mind.

There are sports feelds accross the road and old "airstrip"- what's left from old army airplane landing- means: green, green, green. For kids and dog. For me shops within 10 min walk, hehe.

Oh nad new lovely freshly, purpose build doctors surgery! almost on the doorstep!Hmmmm... need to check out their bf policy Wink

Did I mention living room size of our downstairs allreadyWe are moving! Km_tongue?

Garden is much smaller, but i see it in a different light: no more mud on my carpets! As its mostly patio, so kids can play in any weather, where now garden is big and unused because of bad weather. I'll stick to hanging baskets.

We are going to visit school next Wednesday and this Friday DH will go job hunting- shouldn't be problem, with so many places developing and opening he can pic and mix. Fingers crossed. We just want "anything" to keep us going for a while till we get settled.

I feel little bit sad. We've lived in this house 4 years now and there is maybe 5 pple we will miss...

I'm planing a cake to take to school for John to say "goodbye" (he is very exited bout new friends and new place) and we are thinking about geting something for them to remember John. I'm considering few books or fruit tree- this is school with strong believes in helping enviroment and they support healthy living and healthy, localy sourced food, so I feel that tree would be best. Maybe small, low growing apple tree, one they can keep i container. I think this would be much better than box of chocs for teacher. What do you think, Lisa? You always have great advice on things like that!

I need to make list "to let know" pple and places. Oh, my... my head is hurting.

I'll keep you posted. I'm poping on and off often, but packing is overtaking my brain. Might be without broadband after move for a while,as we've decided to fininsh buisnes with current provider (total rip off) and look around for new one. But trust me : broadband is 3rd on my list, after phone and TV , lol!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

We are moving! Empty Re: We are moving!

Post by just Rachel Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:57 am

I am sure you will love your new home.

Good luck with packing, I hate to see my life on the back of a removal van, When I moved to the North East I only had 11 black bags full of possessions.

Hope you are happy in your new home.
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:57 am

Oooh it all sounds so exciting....and tiring! Laughing
The house sounds briliant! Hope the move goes well and you are all really happy in your new home! :aww: :aww: :aww:

Hope you aren't away from us for too long! Very Happy :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:47 am

wow very exciting!!!!! the house sounds great cheers

yep hope tour not away too long. xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:49 am

:aww: Love your essays! They always make fun reading on a glum day!!

Good luck with everything hun - especially the snot - we have house full of that too atm - grumpy kids over easter!

Your new house / area sounds fab - im sure you'll settle in great.

Oh - and i would defo go with tree - can you find one with a name relevent to school or teacher or something?
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:35 pm

:aww: I am so pleased for you, I really am.

What a great new fresh start.

I hope it isnt to hetic for you :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Thank you, gals.

We went to Grove today, just to snoop around and pick few aplication froms for Paul.Weatehr was not to bad only wind blowing soooo strong.
Looks really nice, little town. Two little shopping centres and only a 1 mile to biger town.
I've tried to work out walk form new home to school, and Paul first insisted on "little back lanes". He said it shorter and quicker Suspect . Men Rolling Eyes We've had to stop and ask for directions 5 times!!!!!!!!
Then it came out that its nor such a short cut, LOL. Sure it takes out of main road and traffic is none, but its almost twice lengh normal road.
I've insisted on taking road back in a normal way and its quite straight and suitable for my double urban detour ( Shocked , there isn't a patch here which would allow double pushchair!!!!).
In one shoppng centre there is a Co-op, pet store, bookies (hehe), diy store, McCalls, cafe, stationery and something i didn't register enough to remember. Second one has butchers, veg and fruit, post office, Tesco espress, McCalls, offlicence, hairdressers and few more. Oh and 3 cash points, hehe.
Wantage has all big names, sainsburys, homebase, next, dorothy perkins, market twice a week, etc, etc.
Buses every 25 min if you fancy. drunken

I'm refusing to pack today as I've cleaned carpet upstairs (maya smeared half chewed marshmallow all over Embarassed ) and downstairs, again- 3rd time in 10 days!!! Can't wait for new house- lamonate flooring downstairs!!!!Even in the loo!!!!!! Sorry- cloakroom :pml:

Not sure what will happen about Pauls work yet. Most places were shut and some didn't had menager in or aplications forms, or didn't knew do they need staff, lol.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Wow sounds fab! cheers

Really excited for you.

Laminate in the loo, ooo how posh Wink

Sounds wonderfull! When can I move in :haha:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Laminate in the loo, ooo how posh

Cloakroom, Tash, cloakroom!

:pml:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:10 am

kay wrote:
Laminate in the loo, ooo how posh

Cloakroom, Tash, cloakroom!

:pml:

yeah, I'll have them even in cloakroom! I've never had cloakroom in my life!i might get gold toilet seat to celebrate! it is listed as a cloakroom in new tenancy agreemnent, hehe.
Whole downstairs is done in laminates:P

Tasha you can move in even next day after us, but you have to take share in painting WHOLE house, ALL dooe frames and everything else Wink
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Excellent news - really pleased for you!

I would go for something like a plant - if you had more time i would suggest going in and having a group in John's class planting a tub or something for the class - that way they would remember planting it with him.

It might be worthwhile spaeking to the teacher and seeing if there are any plans for the gardens in the school that you could contribute to.

Failing that i would go for a small box of special book - a cardboard box like a shoe box covered in gold paper with label John's special books - the kids will love that! Throw in a small cuddly toy and they can read stories to the teddy and remember John.

I am really pleased for you though - i wish you good luck with the move!!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Thank you girls! :aww:
I know thwy have apple tree already, so maybe low growing pear tree or cherry tree would be good. Will go to plant nursery next Saturday.

We all are really exited.
Today we've sorted transport for our stuff out: we will have two vans, one huge (have no idea what;s brand,lol) - as we don't have much stuff (I'm living illusion- nothing is packed and we have already 10 boxes and 5 binbags full of things Shocked ) and what we have is mostly collapsing- like beds, table. The bigest items are wash machine, cooker and fridge. So in a worse situation we'll run one of vans twice. And Tv's, DVDplayer, laptop will go in a car.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Shocked Thats come quick!!!

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW !!! :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Yes good luck for tomorrow hun!! :cheer:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:24 am

Good luck with the move! Hope you settle in quickly! :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:48 am

:cheer: HAPPY MOVING DAY!!! :cheer:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:01 pm

good luck hun!! xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Ive had a text to say they are in , but that the previous tenant left it in an awful state Evil or Very Mad so they have spent whole day scrubbing! She said the house is well worth it though, and they have had ducklings on their garden today Razz

She will hopefully be back online on Tuesday cheers
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:04 pm

That is not on - you'd think it would be checked first but at least she is in.

And ducklings - how sweet!!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Evil or Very Mad aww bless her,

sounds lovely tho xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down