Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastfeeding in public LEGAL

4 posters

Go down

Breastfeeding in public LEGAL Empty Breastfeeding in public LEGAL

Post by Natasha Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:41 pm

Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Breastfeeding in public LEGAL Empty Re: Breastfeeding in public LEGAL

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 pm

thats great news, but i dont think i will ever feel ready to breastfeed in public...

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:55 pm

I felt like that too! :aww:

But I found feeding her in mothercare and places with baby friendly areas, gave me confidence, I also used a shawl for quite sometime.

I tried it and it worked, now I couldnt care less :boob:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 am

I use mother care and had a bad experience in there, this lady asked me to move out so she could bottle feed her 1 yr old.. Shocked

bailey was only 12 days old at the time, i felt quite ashamed and thought maybe i was doing wrong in feeding him in there and walked out in tears, never been bck always make sure i have ebm via bottle if im going out.. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:23 pm

fiona wrote:I use mother care and had a bad experience in there, this lady asked me to move out so she could bottle feed her 1 yr old.. Shocked

bailey was only 12 days old at the time, i felt quite ashamed and thought maybe i was doing wrong in feeding him in there and walked out in tears, never been bck always make sure i have ebm via bottle if im going out.. Rolling Eyes

Thats rediculus!

lol I would of told her were to go, but as you said he was young and you'd not been a bfeeder for long.

Hun there is nothing at all to be ashamed of :aww: your doing a fantastic job! flower
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:20 am

:aww: :aww:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:06 pm

I was wondering about that recently. So when will bf in public be legal?
I did'n knew it wasn't! I'm a rebel! I'm breaking the law, lol!
I was shy with my first baby- John. I wouln never feed him in public places. I would hide in a loo or give him EBM. After a while I started to give him formula when out, and from there it just went down the hill- I stopped BF and was giving him formula.
When I was preg with Maya I decided not to give in this time and I'm proud to say I'm a notourious :boob:
I was shy on the beginning too- maybe for 10 minutes! I took a big mirror down from a wall and sat down with a baby and tried out different ways of bf. I've asked DH(dear husband) to video me too, so I know what is showing and where. And believe me, I'm size 18 so there is a lot of flesh on the view.
I've never had any problems bf in ublic places, and I did it in:Register office, on the bus, on the coach, aeroplane, airport, park, playground, in the middle of town square, in the middle of busy street, in the supermarkets, coffee shops, restaurants, fish&chip shop, fair...and few more!
The secret is to be confident, look confident, and if you see someone staring: look them in the eye. If you see them making coments, ask:Would you like some too? Wink
In my opinion the bottom line is: baby is hungry, baby needs feeding, so baby is getting food. And if someone would like to say use EBM I would like to answer: Would you like reheated dinner if fresh one is still cooking?

Go girls, Breastfeed in public!!!!

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:33 pm

It’s legal now.

It wasn’t really illegal, just that if someone asked you to move or told the Police they didn’t like you breastfeeding in public (if you were in town or something) then they could ask you to move on etc, but now they cant, you have every right to feed where ever you want and know one can force you to leave or move you, especially the police Razz

Your story is like many others I have read and I can totally understand why you are passionate about it, I am too Very Happy

I have the 'I don’t care who looks' though it took me a good 3 months to feel confident, now nearly 8 months down the line I couldn’t give two hoots
:boob: :boob:

Your like a breath of fresh air Kasia cheers

Keep it up :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:10 pm

Well, it will be all about me doing something rebelious...So sad Wink
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Laughing why not
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:25 pm

What can I do now?
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't drive...
Nothing, nothing left... :haha:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 pm

:pml: I know exactly what you mean
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:20 am

Laughing those last couple of posts made me giggle! ive got to give my experience on bf in public! with my first i lived in a shared house with babys dad and three other men! i used to go off to feed him but got so sick of missing out on conversations i just thought sod it! i got my confidence slowly and with the last one it was such a natural process id sometimes not realise i was doing it! i do it descretely so thers not much flesh flapping around. ive had quite a few negative experiences mind you, like being asked to leave a resteraunt or feed in a toilet! but if my baby needs fed my baby needs fed and ive a busy life so we just get on withit!! were all different though and i would say bf where its comfy for you rather than not at all!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Im glad your confident, there needs to be more like you!

i hope i can join you i was just getting used to doing it but now i think i been robbed of that chance! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:03 pm

:aww: Ohh Fiona, you can do it!!! cheers

Just keep putting him on :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyjake Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:17 pm

I've always bf Jake in public and have never expereince anything negative. I've fed him in pubs, parks, cafes, shops, the beach benches along the high street anywhere where he needs feeding really. I'm discrete about it and use a cargian or blanket to help cover up, but I'm far more worried about people seeing my love handles than my breasts! Honestly people hardly notice. I even had my boss come up to me in a pub when i was feeding Jake and he started stroking Jakes face without realising he was feeding! I do feel quite strongly that the more people bf in public the more 'normal' it will be seen as, hence becoming less of an issue. The new laws are great, but only cover bfing mums of babies under a year. What abut those bfing older children? x
pollyjake
pollyjake

Number of posts : 46
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:50 pm

cheers Polly!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down