Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty training

+4
Natasha
piesmummy2006
angpixi
ldnug
8 posters

Go down

topic3 Potty training

Post by ldnug Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Just wanted to share with you that Emily seems to have cracked the toilet training - she went all last week at home with only a couple of accident (she finds it difficult with knickers or clothes to get them down in time. But I am sure that will come with practise) She has done number 1's and 2's and is very proud of herself - as am I! Really pleased with how well it has worked taking the relaxed approach and not putting pressure on her or us to do it.

As a reward she shopped for new knickers yesterday and chose Peppa Pig. the only problem I have is that they are all a little big (18-24mths) and cannot find smaller anywhere!!

I am one very happy mummy cheers
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

topic3 Re: Potty training

Post by angpixi Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Potty training Icon_cheers well done Emily! (and mummy!) Potty training 68469
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:15 pm

well done both of you x x
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Must say that a lot of the praise has to go to daddy as I am at work all day - he was not keen to 'just go with it' but he did and she has done really well.
ldnug
ldnug

Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Potty training 68469 Thats brilliant!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Well done Emilie! Potty training 359208

and well done Daddy! Potty training 525430
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 pm

well done Smile xx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:17 pm

ha! Well done, share the secrets! Maya STILL WON't have it Potty training Icon_neutral
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 pm

Emily wasn't keen but letting her run around with no nappy and leaving potty out she did it! She is given regular reminders aswell.

Also fairy knickers were a good incentive!!

But she was not ready before and she was now.

She is improving with her clothes on aswell - only a couple of accidents this week.
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahB Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Congratulations!!
My oldest was no problem, and im a great believer in doing it all at once, not seperating days and nights,

I'm potty training too,

Kealyn will be 3 in October, and he told me about 6 weeks ago 'Mummy i don't want nappies ny more' so i welcomed this idea with open arms, (typically 3 packs of nappies arrived on the asda van 12 hours later) He is doing really well, no accidents wen he is naked, and no poo accidents either, we've had 3 wet beds but sometimes he forgets he has big boy pants on. One of my biggest problems is my childminder, Ahhhhh,never mind she is a different story

So basically we have had no poo accidents untill last night Kealyn announced, mum i need a poo, my laxidaisy response was well go get one son, big mistake, shortly i caught a smell and went to investigate, yep u gussed it poo EVERYWHERE i cannot stress that enough, he was stood on the toilet seat it was up the walls he was covered from the waist down i didnt know to laugh or cry, it was just a cse of shouting for Kevin and pickin him up and straight into the shower, the joys of boys...

(note to self, always attend future poo events Potty training 271688 )

SarahB

Female Number of posts : 14
Tell us about yourself : I am mother of 2,(and 2 angels) married and 25 i have been a breastfeeding buddy in our local area for 5 yrs, i bf my children and have recently been successful in a new job promoting bf in our area and helping the other buddy's. Just as I was on my way to sign the contract (last Sept) for my new dream job i hit water and aquaplaned into a tree, causing a tibia plateau brake to my left leg...GUTTED
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Potty training 861987 ive had one of those moments (not just boys!) willow actually picked hers up and put it on millys laptop Potty training 873901 she was quite proud of heself bless her! she has used the potty for a couple of wees but not the poohs yet!
Lisa yes knickers usuallly help, Aeryns never really liked knickers so we had to buy special school ones miffy and my little pony so she would wear them in school!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:16 pm

angpixi wrote:Potty training 861987 ive had one of those moments (not just boys!) willow actually picked hers up and put it on millys laptop Potty training 873901 she was quite proud of heself bless her! she has used the potty for a couple of wees but not the poohs yet!
Lisa yes knickers usuallly help, Aeryns never really liked knickers so we had to buy special school ones miffy and my little pony so she would wear them in school!

Hopefully Emily will be more keen on knickers by the time she goes.

For those who have FB you will have seen that we went to the woods today and Emily managed 5 hours with her knickers and jeans - one wee on the potty in the boot of the car - a very proud moment. And daddy said she couldn't manage it!!

As usual a female proves a man wrong - shocking!!
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down