Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2

+4
Natasha
Kasia80
angpixi
nichola
8 posters

Go down

GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2 Empty GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2

Post by nichola Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Apparently gmtv are debating breastfeeding past 2 tomorrow.

You can vote in a poll on gmtv website.

I don't think I shall watch it I already know which way it will go!

Nichola

nichola
BreastBuddies
BreastBuddies

Number of posts : 169
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2 Empty Re: GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2

Post by angpixi Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:24 pm

yeah its bound to be negative, think i might watch though to see how they handle it! if i start getting too irate i will knock it off!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2 Empty Re: GMTV poll about breastfeeding past 2

Post by Kasia80 Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:01 pm

yey!
wasn't there something planned on LK today also?
I remember request for mums nursing childeren over 3 from chatabm, i think!
I never watch gmtv and the rest anyway!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:47 pm

there was a bit on lk this morning di anyone catch it? the mother was feeding a four yr old she was great! when the dr started firing statistics and being negative she shot him down and started to fire them back sounding really confidant and intelligent. cheers
angpixi
angpixi

Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Yeah I watched it, she handled it very well, and even when the doc turned round and said it was "no longer nutritanily beneficial" she corrected him on the facts!

:boob: get on bfing mummy!!!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:57 am

Thanks for the link Katie, I missed it!

I think it was very well handled by Mum and Lorraine - Lorraine asked the questions that many would query but was sensitive and understanding, and seemed very much on side with mum as opposed to doc! How did I guess the doc would be a bloke?!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:30 am

and the FULL interview. hmmm...wonder why only part got to gm.tv web site?
Watch and look at drs face when Jenny dishes facts at him.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3897204PNFgG2Q9
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks I watched the first link thinking "am I watching the same thing you are talking about". Then twigged that it must have been cut.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:10 pm

just watched both clips (cant believe how much the clip on gmtv had been edited!). The woman came across so intelligent and was brilliant putting all the points across. She made the doctor look like he didnt have a clue especially about the whole nutrition point of view. Cant believe he was saying that nutritionally it wasnt a valid point! Well done to the woman!
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy Bloocher Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:19 am

New scientific studies have actually found that the optimum age to nurse your baby until is 6! I have to find a link for it!
Sorry short post - have babe on my right side so one-handed typing with my wrong hand.haha.
Jemmy Bloocher
Jemmy Bloocher

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:16 pm

affraid find that link hun
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy Bloocher Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 pm

am looking for it now, but in the meantime I came aCross this.

I find it so hard to believe that anyone really thinks 1 year counts as extended breastfeeding. I mean seriously. There is no way that my boys would have been happy to give up the boob at 1, they were nowhere near to being ready for that. Is any child? 1 is still so tiny.
Other countries must think the UK population is insane!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/features/article388487.ece
Jemmy Bloocher
Jemmy Bloocher

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:49 pm

he he! alot of the uk is insane! present co excepted! ive read alot of things where people feel extended bf is after a couple o weeks!! they say things like 'im only doing it while im in hospital' or you only get the goodness for 3wk' these are direct comments from my area!
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy Bloocher Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:54 pm

hahahaha, It is so amazing what the unenlightened say! When I am in a really foul mood (lack of sleep usually) I blame it on their lack of desire to make an effort. On better days my take on it is 'each to their own'. But what is especially hard is seeing say teenage mums say these things because I think truly the schools ought to be teaching them a wee bit better. Society can be so terrible to young mothers and make the job so hard, breastfeeding would go some way to lightening the load. Having just typed that, I realise I don't remember being told anything about breastfeeding when I was at school!
Jemmy Bloocher
Jemmy Bloocher

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:30 am

:omg!: I cant believe that report! Shocked

I was convinced it was written by a man - but it was a woman! Shocked

Some people have the most unbelievable attitudes - I would love to invite her onto chat night on here!!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:37 pm

OMG! ive just read that report through! what kind of F#@ked up attitude has that woman got im so disgusted im speachless (makes a change) What a Face
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Mad All I can say is she obviously never breastfed!

Stupid cow, these people really do not know what they are talking about.

Evil or Very Mad
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down