Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just seen this on net HA HA

3 posters

Go down

Just seen this on net HA HA Empty Just seen this on net HA HA

Post by SarahW Sat May 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Just seen this on net thought it was quite amusing especially being as i quite frequently squirt mollie up the face at times, but at least she's my baby.

"Squirts"

by Denise Pena

My unforgettable breastfeeding experience began one day when my daughter was about five months old and I would go to her daycare on my lunch break to nurse her. The daycare is located in downtown so a lot of moms would come in and do the same. There were chairs and a couch set aside for a comfortable place for moms to nurse.

The lunch hour started as any other and the "usual" moms were there. On that particular day, there was a mother and her daughter sitting on the couch and another mother sitting on a chair. I went and sat down on the couch, which was more of a loveseat. I placed Draven in the cradle position and she was going to nurse from the right breast. To the right of us was the other mother-daughter duo, and the baby was nursing from her mother's left breast.

Draven was having a difficult time latching on and I was not letting down. I went to manually express some milk as Draven was squirming a lot, and at that point my milk let down, and to my horror, I saw a perfect stream of milk go flying in slow motion and right into the other baby's eye! The baby was very surprised and the mother had been looking the other way, so she didn't see her daughter get a shot of breast milk in her eye. The baby started coughing and you could tell she was in shock. I just sat there...the mother saw the milk on her baby's face and then looked at me with a confused look on her face. I don't know why, but the words that flew out of my mouth next were, "It wasn't me!". I bowed my head in guilt and did confess and the other mother laughed it off and commented on what close quarters we were in. I began to feel a little relief and threw out the idea that this kind of thing must happen. Everybody shook their head "no".

The next day as I was dropping Draven off at daycare I saw the victim of my breastmilk and her father. I didn't really think much of the events from the day before, until I was greeted by the baby's father. "Goodmorning, squirts!" is what I got and my face immediately turned a plum color of embarrassment. I was continued to be called squirts by him for the next few months, but we would laugh about it every time.

Denise Pena
Portland, OR
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Just seen this on net HA HA Empty Re: Just seen this on net HA HA

Post by just Rachel Sat May 10, 2008 1:28 pm

How funny was that :lmao: :lmao:
I will be chuckling all day :haha: :haha: :haha:
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Mon May 12, 2008 1:28 pm

:lmao:
I was mortified the first time i squirted Bethany she was about 3 week old and she had let go of my nipple suddenly and the milk squirted up her nose and then squirted into her eye! I thought i was going to blind her or something! I had to phone my mum and ask if she'd be ok! lol
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW Mon May 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Glad not just me who seems to have a habit of squirting, sometimes mollie will pull off early in the feed and i'll have milk squirting all over, i've even put my fingers on end of my nip to try and stop the flow til she decides she wants to carry on.
SarahW
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum