Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK so how many of you....

+7
helenasusan
jimmer73
babyboos
emmiesmummy
Kasia80
angpixi
**Debbie**
11 posters

Go down

OK so how many of you.... Empty OK so how many of you....

Post by **Debbie** Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:51 pm

....have faced negativity about you breastfeeding past 1 year? I get so sick of explaining why I am still breastfeeding Annabel and all of it's benefits. I hate it when we you read comments saying that we're being selfish etc. How on earth can breastfeeding your baby/toddler be selfish!?!
**Debbie**
**Debbie**

Female Number of posts : 9
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

OK so how many of you.... Empty Re: OK so how many of you....

Post by angpixi Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:23 pm

Rolling Eyes never ending comments when i bf aeryn! especially when i was pg with willow! theres a post on here somewhere with some excelent witty rretorts for those negative comments!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:42 pm

I never had any Shocked

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, Ang and Debbie :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 pm

i already get the' oh you still :boob: isnt she nearly 6 months now' comments , so god only knows if we hit that stage.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by babyboos Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:00 pm

I get the are you giving him cows milk now all the time
no I answer water during the day and breast milk morning and evening on the 2 days when he is with my mum and during the day if he asks for it when I am looking after him - he never asks my mum during the day anymore for a cup of EBM and far prefers water it seams if he can't get it hot and fresh from mum

babyboos

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmer73 Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:05 pm

I think people know not to mess with me to be honest. Not that I'm scary looking or anything.

I had dinner with a couple of friends last night and they watched as I bf DS (20months). They did comment about my sister continuing her nearly 3 year old. But I ignored them.

I tell people that I plan to be one of those women with saggy boobs and a 4 year old attached. That pretty much shuts them up.

Maybe it's my bluntness that stops people from messing with me.

jimmer73

Female Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Maybe it's my bluntness that stops people from messing with me.
I think maybe this is why we have no one discussing this subject with me: I just simply don't allow it. And family knows not to mess around with me. Only MIL is still learning, *sigh* :haha:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by helenasusan Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:35 pm

I get rather sick of it to be honest. I've recently had a bad chest infection and needed antibiotics - so I requested some that are safe to be used during bf. For some strange reason my Dr had a problem with this. He said that I should wean off DS straight away because he would become too clingy and dependent on me if I carried on. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Everyone else has been supportive as I come from a strong bf family.
helenasusan
helenasusan

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:32 pm

helenasusan wrote:I get rather sick of it to be honest. I've recently had a bad chest infection and needed antibiotics - so I requested some that are safe to be used during bf. For some strange reason my Dr had a problem with this. He said that I should wean off DS straight away because he would become too clingy and dependent on me if I carried on. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Everyone else has been supportive as I come from a strong bf family.

Shame on your doctor! The health professionals should be supportive of you not criticising you! Evil or Very Mad
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by helenasusan Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Which is why I'm campaiging to improve bf education during medical school. I've had one lecture on it in 4 years and I really don't think it is enough. If more education is done during medical school bf advice and support should improve.

I know how much it benefits Jack, but other women aren't so confident and they may listen to the Dr's wrong advice which i find very sad.

I told him that my mum had fed me till 2 and I want to do the same for my son as she gave me such a brilliant start I want to do the same for him.

He looked rather like a fish out of water after that lol.
helenasusan
helenasusan

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by milliesmummy Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 pm

I get the odd coment but mainly folk I know dont say anything to me and see it as my choice, and accept it Smile
milliesmummy
milliesmummy

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CLARE2008 Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Go ladies!! i hope i have that confidence! would love to bf till 2 years!! xx

CLARE2008

Number of posts : 18
Tell us about yourself : About you: breastfeeding mum
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:32 am

I intend to deal with any negativitity by just telling people to f*** off it's none of their business.

I think most people know me well enough to not dare criticise my bfing to my face. If they do it behind my back, well what I can't hear can't hurt me.
<<shrugs>>

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum