Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God! I just realised that I belong in this bit!

5 posters

Go down

topic 6 God! I just realised that I belong in this bit!

Post by Pink Rose Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:44 am

I have just realised that my BFG daughter is 2 and is approaching 2 1/2 in January!

My DH keeps saying to my daughter who's suckling on me "You are a big girl now and you don't need Mummy's boobie". I say "Whats the harm? It's written all over her face that she's comforted by it, I only BF in night and once in the mornings, nobody else knows!".

I am nearly 17 wks pregnant and I am hoping that when the colostrum kicks in that my daughter will wean herself off. My other older daughter did when I was pregnant. I have noticed the currant BFs with my currant BFG daughter is getting less and less. The day before yesterday she didn't have any BFs at all and last night she started again once at night and in once the morning (both breasts).
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

topic 6 Re: God! I just realised that I belong in this bit!

Post by Natasha Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:39 pm

I think its wonderfull hun, if Oli wanted to I think I would of carried on for ages.

:aww:

Like you say she may wean herself gradualy anyway :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:33 pm

I wish! We carry on forever! My daughter is still in nappies so it's not too strange and she's no where near ready for the potty yet.

I am hoping she will wean herself off, semi-naturally like my 1st daughter with my preggy hormones having a helping hand. It's much easier than weaning outright, that's why I waited till I got pregnant b/c being pregnant helps an awful lot!

I guess I will have to wean the next baby outright, cos it's my last one! That will be a new experience for me. Sad
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 pm

well done you!!!

am in here too Nimah has gone back to feeding alot again. xx lol
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:57 am

cheers cheers Well done:cheers: cheers

I too would have carried on as long as Brody wanted but I too am 17 weeks pregnant and Brody weaned totally 2 weeks ago. I'm unsure if it was pregnancy related or not but he has been losing interest for a good while now.
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:12 am

I'll be so happy if i get here too! Of course if bethany self weans before this then that will be brilliant too because she'll be weaning off the breast herself :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Yeah it will be brilliant! They say when a baby/toddler weans him/her off the breast themselves, they turn out to be much more confidence rounded individuals.

I got to say sometimes I get the impression that my BFG daughter is only BFG b/c she has an older sister and she wants to bug her. You know it's like "I get to be with mummy! Ha ha". Silly aren't they? Laughing
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down