Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicken Pox

+2
clairelana
Mervs Mum
6 posters

Go down

Chicken Pox Empty Chicken Pox

Post by Mervs Mum Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:10 am

My nephew Seth has them.....

Apparently he's been contagious for 2 weeks.....he's been staying here and bathing with Hebe over the holidays.....

My sister said that as long as I'm BFing her she should be ok - Seth caught them from her best friends toddler. Her friend also gave birth on Christmas Day and the hospital said she could only take her baby home if she was BFing as that would protect the baby as her friend is immune. Fortunately she's a BFer so that wasnt ever in question.

So, can BFd babies get it then?? What do I look out for oher than the spots?? And how bad is it if a 2/3 month old gets it??

Lots of questions this morning!!!

TIA x

Last edited by Mervs Mum on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Chicken Pox Empty Re: Chicken Pox

Post by clairelana Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:27 am

Aww hun, :aww:
I'm not 100% but i think she can still catch it. Its proberly not as bad having it so young as it would be as she gets older. She won't scratch hopefully she won't get it too bad. :aww:
The spots to look for are like small blisters.

Just a tip if she does get it ask Dr for calomine cream instead of the lotion as its much easier to put on a baby. Lotion is a little runny. Lana had it at about 4 months i think.

FC she doesn't get it.
:bighug:
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks hun. I didnt know about the cream till my sister just asked me to get some for Seth today!! Sounds much easier than the lotion. My 14yr old has gone to town to get him some bless her x
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes there is still a good chance she will, its horrible them getting things like this but babies and young children recover and deal with it very well.

And as you are bfing you will help her get over it much quicker, and your body would of started producing the anitbodies as soon as infection was present around her and yoursellf.

Even when you have had it before you can still carry the infection.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Natasha wrote:Yes there is still a good chance she will, its horrible them getting things like this but babies and young children recover and deal with it very well.

And as you are bfing you will help her get over it much quicker, and your body would of started producing the anitbodies as soon as infection was present around her and yoursellf.

Even when you have had it before you can still carry the infection.
agree with above
:boob: makes it easier for them,thats a giant plus when they are poorly they still get to eat/drink & get antibodies from mummy ...... and at least you can put scratch mitts on so they cant scratch.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks girls - she was a bit grumpy last night went I was trying to get her off but so far so good. Smile
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:29 pm

:aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:23 pm

yes is the answe as my andrew had them when he was 16 weeks old, he was really poorly xx
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 am

Tiny Terror has had chicken pox, he is just getting over it now.

You are only infectious for a couple of days before the rash appears btw, but you can incubate the virus for 2-3 weeks before it starts becoming infectious.

My friend's baby(15w older than Tiny Terror) had chicken pox a Christmas and was poorly with a high temp for a couple of days. He was ff pretty much from birth.

TT on the other hand, is fine, carrying on as normal just a bit more unsettled at night but I think it's more of a teething problem. First spotted the rash Friday morning, today most of the spots are disappearing and the rest are now scabbed over - no temp, no loss of appetite or anything and I firmluy believe he has coped better with it than my friend's little boy because of being breast fed. Interestingly, the blisters never popped, and he had very few of the blistered spots - just quite a few of the red ones. I had it confirmed by a GP that it was Chicken Pox.

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down