Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AF probs,

3 posters

Go down

AF probs, Empty AF probs,

Post by piesmummy2006 Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:20 pm

not sure if this is the right place feel free to move if not.

Anyway my AF returned for the first time on aug 10 after having Niamh it was very heavy and painfull all week. and before baby i was regular as clock work 28day cycle so worked out i was due 6th sept AF have not arrived yet Shocked i have done 5 home preg tests and they are BFN we are just using condoms as b control so am worried now is it normal to be irregular at firstn when they are back? how has it been for all of you? xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

AF probs, Empty Re: AF probs,

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Hya, sorry to hear you had a horrible first af, i hate them at the best of times..

i have heard though breastfeeding can mess up cycles, so you may well have been like clock work before baby but after it can take a while to sort things out.. myself however have been bleeding since bailey was born, only had a few days break,

Hope you get sorted soon :aww:

ps, can you put your blinkie at the side of your sig as its over the allowed sizings.. like mine.. thanks hun Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:39 pm

its perfectly normal to have irregular cycle while bf, with each of my children its been different! with one i went back as regular as before with another i didnt bleed til i stopped, another it would come and go!
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Yes it is normal. Your body is still getting back in shape. First period is just a sign you are fully ovulating and it is a warning to take care of your fertility.
If you are interested in birth control in our resource centre you can find a information about breastfeeding friendly methods.
Also, when AF will come back next time, it could ( could, but doesn't have to) affect your supply; to avoid that and help your body cope with hormons you might want to consider taking a supplements:
supplement should be 1500 calcium/750 magnesium but can be as low as 500 calcium/250 magnesium (the higher the dosage the more effective and quicker the results). It should be a combination pill. This much calcium should never be taken alone. If your cycles are not regular and you do not know when you ovulate, you can take the supplement the entire month until you begin to see a pattern to your flow. (...) The herb, Evening Primrose, is also reported to alleviate nipple soreness brought on during ovulation or before a period. The dosage is one capsule per day.

More information about what is considered normal when you breastfeed :
http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/menstruation.html
http://www.mother-2-mother.com/menstruation.htm

HTH :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

AF returned yesterday i feel so poorly!!! pale Crying or Very sad i HATE been on. xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:22 pm

:aww:
I would really recommend magnesium/calcium, Evening Primerose. :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:27 pm

do they sell it in heath shops? x
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:47 pm

yes, you can just ask in boots or lloyds. Any chemist. I get mine Primrose Oil capsules from Holland and Barret (i take it for hair and skin)- I think they had a promo recently on P O.
Just note down proportions of calcium/magnesium:
1500 calcium/750 magnesium but can be as low as 500 calcium/250 magnesium (the higher the dosage the more effective and quicker the results). I really it will help you with symptoms. :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:05 pm

i will go on monday thanks alot hun sunny xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:06 pm

No problem! Take care!:aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum