Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pro feeder

+5
rhi'smummy
kay
angpixi
ldnug
Natasha
9 posters

Go down

Announcement My pro feeder

Post by Natasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Just wanted to update you all on Lottie.

Shes a fab feeder My pro feeder Icon_cheers , really content and even during growth spurts they have been realy easy (hopefully im not speaking too soon! My pro feeder Icon_razz )

She even takes breastmilk in a bottle! I never had that luxury with Olivia, so I have had a night out and a afternoon in town to myself My pro feeder 355291

I have been pumping every morning and freezing so I feel I have far more freedom than I ever did with Olivia.

Charlotte is an absolute gem, she really is I am so happy at how good she is and how adaptable she is.

So chilled! (quite the opposite of me My pro feeder Icon_razz )

I feel shes partly this way due to the relaxed birth and doing everything I wanted to start with ie co sleeping and wearing her etc.

She makes me want more My pro feeder Lol

I have had two boughts of mastitis in the first 4/5 months but luckly got over them both quite quickly due to this little nursling helping My pro feeder 129911

But yeah thats my pro feeder My pro feeder 355291

Also the closet im getting to 6 months the further I want it to go away I don't want to wean! She watches me eat like a hawk though but we will see how long it is before she really tries, I think her being born 3 weeks early shows in her development though as shes not rolling yet but can hold her head etc

Im not botherd as shes perfectly happy with breastmilk so will see how we go!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: My pro feeder

Post by ldnug Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 am

cheers Lovely to have an update. She is doing really well xx

Emily was 3 weeks early and she did take a little longer to sit up and roll over but there is no stopping her now.

Glad that the BF is going well and that you also have a bit of freedom aswell xxx
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 am

My pro feeder Icon_cheers My pro feeder 871924 im pleased everything is going well for you!
My pro feeder Icon_wink are you going to have more? My pro feeder Icon_lol
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:26 am

My pro feeder 871924 Thanks

Lisa its good to know that its to do with her being a little early.

Ang My pro feeder Icon_razz yes I do, not for awhile yet though
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:49 pm

My pro feeder Icon_cheers Glad its all plain sailing!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:33 pm

My pro feeder 871924 Thanks Kay
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:37 am

Glad its all going so smoothly, I think 2nd babies can often be more chilled, they've got someone more fun to keep them entertained and now I'm thinking all that sitting around doting on the 1st one isn't actually the best thing for them, with no.2 you just have to get on with life and they accept that. Well thats what I tell myself in the run up to this one, this one's going to be easy!
Rhianna was 2 weeks early and didn't really bother with rolling over, but I dont think half the babies do these days, they dont spend so much time on the floor, especially on their tummies, so dont get the practice.
Ofcourse being carried lots and all the extra mummy hugs that come from My pro feeder 129911, as well as the milk itself, will mean she's far cleverer than lots of babies, so she'll soon be miles ahead of them!
Can I ask, when did you start to use a bottle this time?
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:01 am

My pro feeder Herz Mary I am sure it will go smoothly for you too.

Yeah I do wear her a lot, and her head control is fantastic and has been for sometime.

Who needs to roll when you can skip that and move to something abit more usefull My pro feeder Icon_wink

She has only sinse Saturday (boxing day) tried BM in a bottle, it was her first time then and that is when I went out too (rather brave!) apart from a little upset that she didn't have Mummy cuddles, she enjoyed her time with Daddy and shes now totaly cool about it My pro feeder Icon_biggrin
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:37 am

That's fab! My pro feeder Icon_cheers

My Owen takes EBM from a bottle every night at 11pm no problem. He was also fine with it when I went to the hospital one moring, but completely refused it at 7PM and 7AM when I left him with mum one night! (no problem at 11pm though!)

He was introduced to an EBM bottle at about 6 / 7 days old in the special care unit. I think they say it's good to introduce it in the first couple of weeks .... we have had no issues with nipple confusion, just the refusals when I think it was mummy cuddles he was looking for rather than food!

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:56 pm

My pro feeder Icon_cheers for lottie xxxxxxxxxxx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 pm

aww well done to you both yey!! cheers
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Great to read the update.

It sounds so much like us in a lot of ways. Keira has been such a breeze and so much easier than Ellie was. Today for the first time I tried expressing and giving her 3oz of what I expressed the other 4oz went in the freezer towards the stock pile I will need for going back to work, and she took the bottle with no trouble. I never successfully bottlefed Ellie. Thankfully the nursery managed to eventually but it was a long battle.

Keira also started sleeping through at 13weeks we have had her wake 1 night since then, and I think it was because she didn't take a full feed before falling deeply asleep one evening as she had got a bit too tired. By through I mean a full 12hrs, with me waking her some mornings at 7am (other mornings I can hear she has already woken but she is just talking to herself).

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 pm

So pleased its working well for you too!
Yeah im sure its our much more relaxed approach and knowing more about breastfeeding x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:09 am

I am sure it is. They were rather surprised I think in the hospital, comments like Keira is breast feeding like a Pro. They also seemed gobsmacked that I was reading while feeding her as well. If I had been at home I would have stuck the TV on, but they charge for that in the hospital and spending 4 days in there and most of the time it was just the 2 of us as OH had to look after Ellie, I read my book instead.

nickyjones

Tell us about yourself :

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am

Oh r! costs a fortune those bed tv's

Its a shame though that they were shocked, I feel riled about Tasha's story with the twins. Why oh why can't be breastfeeding seen as the first and main form of feeding
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 am

They were quite encouraging there, I just don't think they have ever seen a "new" mum sitting there feeding and reading a book at the same time. My pro feeder Icon_lol

nickyjones

Tell us about yourself :

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 pm

nickyjones wrote:They were quite encouraging there, I just don't think they have ever seen a "new" mum sitting there feeding and reading a book at the same time. My pro feeder Icon_lol

err no, probably not My pro feeder Icon_razz
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum