Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm really struggling :(

4 posters

Go down

topic2 I'm really struggling :(

Post by indigosky2k Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi girls I'm hoping you can give me some encouragement just now Sad As the title says I'm really struggling with breast feeding right now Crying or Very sad I ave to say it is by far the lowest and hardest time I've had in the last 14 and a half months Embarassed

I was struck down with a cold what feels like an age ago Rolling Eyes it's about 5 days. Kacie has been caught by it too, either that or she's fighting chicken pox only time will tell on that one though. She's been poorly since Sunday, snotty nose, I think headaches, probably a sore throat going from how I felt. She must feel completely awful, I certainly did Sad Consequently she has upped her BF's from 3 or 4 a day plus one at night to, well I'm just losing count. She's also waking 3 or 4 times in the night and she's so sorry for herself I've got no choice to give her some milk, poor little babe can't breath properly Sad

I just don't know how long I can keep this up for. I know she won't be poorly forever, but I just can't keep my energy levels up at all. I'm completely exhausted, starving hungry, but then get heartburn after I've eaten, and TBH having moments where I just don't want her near my boob for one more second Embarassed There's no way I could stop feeding her now while she's poorly, but it's seriously making me consider weaning, which I really don't want to do and more than anyt hing deep down I want to tandem feed. I just don't know how many more days of feeding her like a newborn and growing a baby I can take Crying or Very sad

It's so hard and my boobies are getting so sore Sad Sorry I'm waffling abit now, just needed to come and say all that somewhere I'll get the support I need confused

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

topic2 Re: I'm really struggling :(

Post by Squiglet Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm so sorry that things are not going well.. If it's any consolation and I know it's not, this is just a phase and it will pass. You are at a cross roads. A point where in a few weeks you may stop producing milk altogether and that your child has reached an age where many children self wean before the 18 month spurt where they latch on again more than a newborn.

There is no harm with going with the flow and weaning her now, if its a good time. However, if you want to keep feeding heres something you can do...

Drink more fluids
Take some of those dextrose tablets from the chemist to boost your energy
Oats, bananas, nuts are all good low GI foods Smile

As for the sore boobies, I've had them a while with lil miss. I use the lanolin when it's really bad but a lot of the time I just grit and bear it Sad

And hugs, this is a really, REALLY hard thing you are doing and anyone who doesn't appreciate that or feels that just because it is difficult you should just give it up, really doesn't understand the importance of this, to you, to your children, to both your healths....x.x.x.
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks hun that's exactly the sort of thing I needed to hear I'm really struggling :( 871924

You see either of those options are fine by me. I know she may stop in just a few weeks due to changes in my milk and while I'll be sad I'll know it was her choice due to this, or should she increase again in a few months I'll be fine with that too, as things are if I wasn't pregnant I don't think there's any way she'd give up, she is such a boob monster I'm really struggling :( 129911 I would just feel so guilty if I was the one to actively stop her now at this time, we both still have so much to gain from our BFing relationship. We've had such a great journey, as I say this is the only time I've been unhappy and considered an end.

The supply tips are already actively in place. I've eaten porridge pretty much every day since she was born, with a banana on Wink I realised myself when I was away over Christmas and drinking very little water and a fair bit of coffee just how important that one is. The warm weather is encouraging that one too, I just can't drink enough. I think I'll get some dextrose though as I think this will help with those moments where I need a quick fix and maybe slightly better for my weight gain than the whole chocolate cake I consumed on Monday I'm really struggling :( Icon_redface (to be fair I did share a small amount with DH and Kacie I'm really struggling :( Icon_razz )

As for the sore boobies, up until now I have been gritting my teeth and baring it, I think it's just all the extra feeds over the last few days has made it more noticeable and the fact prising my nipple out of her mouth has been proving difficult on occasion means they have got even more sensitive. I probably should get some more lanolin though.

Anyhoo, waffling again, this is exactly why I've come to have a cry about it on here, I know I'll get the advice and support I need I'm really struggling :( Icon_biggrin Thanks again I'm really struggling :( 871924

indigosky2k

Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 am

I'm really struggling :( 871924 Hugs to you.

I can't add anymore other than I always find when I don't want to make a choice on something I just go with the flow.

From what I have heard from lots of pregnant breastfeeding mums are that it does settle, lots of children do wean during pregnancy but some booby monsters don't mind the change!

So just see how it goes I'm really struggling :( 262538
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:23 am

Heres a really helpful thread on cold remedies from breastfeeding.com

http://www.breastfeeding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaMat25 Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 pm

aww hun hugs, i can't add anything more than what everyone else has said so sending loads of hug3
AnnaMat25
AnnaMat25

Female Number of posts : 259
Tell us about yourself : i'm s mum to 3 children
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Well today has been much better, I think yesterday was definitely the worst day. Missy has a had a much more manageable 4 feeds so far and with a probably 2 more to go, plus bedtime, that has to be half of what she was wanting yesterday.

Last night was the worse night though with her waking every hour from 10 and by 2 me falling apart and telling her I just couldn't cope with that anymore. She actually went back off OK then, but woke again an hour later and would not settle, though she dozed on and off for about half an hour. We both got quite upset in the end. By half 4 I did feed her, but then she didn't want to sleep, but decided it was time to play instead Rolling Eyes Fortunately DH had been asleep early last night so he took her for a bit, but he's not very good at realising when she's tired again Rolling Eyes and so she and I ended up falling asleep on the sofa at about half 6 watching a DVD, but without booby.

Tonight as her cold is much better I will try to discourage any booby at the first waking as she then tends to sleep longer till the next one and it's easier to encourage her back to sleep without at midnight thane it is at 2 or 3am.

Thanks again girls for your fab advice hug2

indigosky2k

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm really struggling :( 262538
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:46 am

I'm really struggling :( 262538 I also found that getting my DH to take over a lot more in terms of putting lil miss to bed help reduced her dependency on booby for bed. She has the problem of really just booby feeding for comfort and bordem. My breasts are always full atm.
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down