Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital?

5 posters

Go down

Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital? Empty Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital?

Post by ldnug Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Following from Katie's article about the Wigan hospital getting accreditation

http://www.babyfriendly.org.uk/page.asp?page=14

Through this link you can look at which hospitals in your area have the Award, or are working towards it. If your does not have it then they have a letter templeta you can send.

I am going to contact my local hospital.

All hospitals should have this really and only 29(lastest figures 2002) had it.
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital? Empty Re: Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital?

Post by Kasia80 Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Great! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital? Empty Re: Is your hospital a Baby friendly Hospital?

Post by kay Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Mines a load of pants - i'll be sending a letter - along with some forum leaflets Laughing
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:20 pm

lol wonder where our hospital is.. no where :pml:

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:45 pm

I had a feeling Solihull hospital wasn't, they tried pushing the bottle on me and hardley made any effort to show me what to do.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:39 pm

It says ours is applying for certificate!
I have no complaints with our hospital they really helped me as I was in 5 days when I had Brody and had a few problems! They didn't even want me to go home until they were sure his latch was perfect!
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Mine was the same jools but there is no comment by it - I am going to write and see where they stand on this issue.

Glad to hear good stories as well as not so good.

You can tell I am a little bored I am writing letters left right and centre!! So used to 4 hours planning a week.
ldnug
ldnug

Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:48 pm

It is such a shame that more are not helpful, the main reason I went to solihul as it has a good reputation for patient care, though not for breastfeeding Neutral
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 am

I can now happily say that my hospital is working towards this - I had plenty of time to read their policies while I was in!

They have BF posters and support EVERYWHERE, and do not display or advertise formula in any way or form.

I was in a side room with 1 other lady who had a prem baby in SCBU - he was born at 31 weeks and was 2lb13.
They were great with her with the advise they were giving on expressing and the benefits of the EBM to her little boy, and before she was discharged, they made sure she was able to express by hand etc, and said they would give her more help with latching him on when he was of the ventilation.
It turned out she was a mum of 4 who BF all of them till they were 3 Razz
But cheers for their effort! (she wasnt on internet so couldnt poach her!)
I didnt get to see what they were like with the mums with babies by their beds - but i will get 1st hand experience of that soon enough! Wink

So hurray to Glan Clwyd Hospital - you have gone up in my estimation!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:47 am

Oh, and i will be putting Forum leaflets in my hospital bag Laughing
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:13 am

in your labour hospital bag. and not in next 17 weeks.

Great to hear about your hospital baby friendly and breastfeeding friendly initiative! we need more like this one!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm

That is great news Kay!!
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down