Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality

5 posters

Go down

BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality Empty BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality

Post by Kasia80 Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:51 pm

http://uk.oneworld.net/external/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unicef.org%2Fmedia%2Fmedia_40468.html

Breastfeeding within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality

A study from Ghana published in the journal Pediatrics indicates that 16 per cent of neonatal deaths can be prevented by breastfeeding infants from day one, rising to 22 per cent if breastfeeding begins within one hour of birth. Early initiation of breastfeeding is the theme of this year’s World Breastfeeding Week
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality Empty Re: BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality

Post by kay Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:54 am

Thats one thing i did do with Jamie and Ty - they were latched on within 1/2 hour or so.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality Empty Re: BF within one hour of birth can reduce infant mortality

Post by ldnug Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:22 pm

Me too!! It was the best part of the birth!!!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:36 pm

yeah I put Oli on straight after, but I had pethadine, so she didn't latch on very well Sad I wish I never had it
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:41 pm

Breast Buddies wrote:yeah I put Oli on straight after, but I had pethadine, so she didn't latch on very well Sad I wish I never had it

At least you know for if theres a next one Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:49 pm

There will be a next! Smile I want one as soon as Oli weans, but it would be better if we waited till we got our house.

Smile
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:51 pm

aww great, yes i wanted to wait till we got a house but it didnt happen, i was 5 months pregnant when we applied for a mortage etc, he was 6 weeks old when we moved into a hell hole! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Maya lached on in the same minute she was born, straight from womb on the breast..and it was amazing!!!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyjake Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Jake latched on within a few mins of being born. I was so shocked at his birth I barely had time to realised that he was also bfing! When I realised he was sucking away I was so happy, I moment I will never forget x x
pollyjake
pollyjake

Number of posts : 46
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down