Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bf while pg

5 posters

Go down

bf while pg Empty bf while pg

Post by angpixi Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:20 am

hi i thought id leave a post on this bit cos there wasnt one and i have bf while pg! i didnt have much support when i was bf my 2nd and got pg with no 3 so i just stopped even though i wasnt sure i wanted to. when i got pg with no 5 and was stil feeding i was initially told to stop imediately by a young dr. i went to a health visitor hoping for a bit more sympathy but she said to stop and just let her cry, which i wasnt happy about. when i talked to my own dr she said she had fed all of her kids while pregnant and as long as i ate well and took care to feed new born first it should be ok. i posted the question on bounty and was told a similar thing. this advice made me relax and enjoy bf again. due to this i was able to stop feeding in our own time and as slowly as we wanted without stress! im worried she might be a bit strange when this babe is born but have decided to take it as it comes and do whats comfy at the time! flower
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

bf while pg Empty Re: bf while pg

Post by Kasia80 Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 pm

You are a super mama!!! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

bf while pg Empty thanks!

Post by angpixi Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:23 pm

thanks loads! sometimes it doesnt feel like it though! weve had alot of ups and downs lately, and were expecting more when this ones born!!!!!!! speak soon x
angpixi
angpixi

Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:25 pm

Oh yes you really are a super mummy!!!

What lucky children ! I totaly agree that you should take it slow, it's not the little ones fault and I would hate to be told I had to stop,

lol especially by a young docotor lol or even worse a MAN !

You've done so well!

:cheers:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyleche Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:14 am

How awesome, good luck! Are you still producing milk? What trimester are you in?

Now that I think back, I don't think I told my ob/gyn that I was breastfeeding while pregnant. I wasn't a high risk pregnancy, and I wasn't up for an argument to defend myself. I think it just slipped my mind. Oops.

Nursing while pregnant was extremely extremely difficult. Very uncomfortable, I was very touched-out, and often times it took every ounce of strength I had not to throw my toddler right off of me. The only comfortable position was lying down with him lying beside me. In the last trimester, I had painful contractions each time I nursed. But I got through that, and now, compared to that, tandem-nursing is a piece of cake!!!!

I will probably be pregnant and breastfeeding again sometime in the next year, but this time, I will be a little more emotionally prepared, now that I've been through it once.
ladyleche
ladyleche

Female Number of posts : 39
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-08

http://bliss-breastfeeding.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:48 am

hi again, ive only got a few (3or4) weeks left, the first three months were ok but then it started to feel really uncomfortable it did get to the point when i wanted to throw her off! but i didnt feel ready to stop! my nipples hurt alot and like you say there was no comfy place! i was torn but just let her lead. she doesnt bother now except now and again for comfort she kindof snuggles into position! ive a feeling she will have a go when she sees this baby doing it but am prepared for that!
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:17 pm

wow it sounds like hard work, but if it happend that I got pregnant while breastfeeding, I would carry on too Smile

You have both done so well :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 pm

well done to the pair of you, dont think i could have done it being pregnant, i mean wow they hurt anyway dont they,

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:34 am

hi willow is now 5 weeks old and weve had no major problems, aeryn hasnt shown any jealousy so far. even over the bf which i was prepared for. at bed time was going to be the worst so i get the baby to sleep first while aeryn reads or watches peppa! then i cuddle aeryn, she hasnt asked for any 'boob' though she has snuggled with her hand down my top! i know when she is feeling insecure because she holds her arms up and says 'two babas' which means i have to make room on my knee!!! i suppose im lucky, maybe it was just good timing when she stopped. oh in the first couple of weeks i had an overload of milk so i did express (for my sanity!) just enough to take away the pain an not interfear with production and aeryn had it before bed-didnt want to waste it! feel free to ask any questions if youre in the same boat ill answer what i can x x
angpixi
angpixi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:46 am

awww, Ang, your girl sounds so cute!!!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:36 pm

That sounds great! I am really pleased it worked out for you Ang :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by TashaAndBump Mon May 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks so much for this post - It is very encouraging. I was sure I would have to stop BF right away when I fell pregnant, but now I know I can continue on Smile

We're not sure when we are going to wean yet - we have no plan - I always intended to let Anna nurse for as long as she liked and trust that she will self-wean when she is ready. I always secretly hoped she would go on to 2 years, but I know I will face criticism an judgement from family if I do...

I am now faced with the decision to make whether to wean Anna before baby #2 gets here - if baby comes along and THEN I wean Anna I think she might feel pushed out? So my options feel to wean her a few months before my due date, or carry on feeding her even AFTER I have had the baby? I think it will be the former... But nothing is set in stone!

Thanks again for this post - and for this forum! It's so relieving to come somewhere where I can say "I BREASTFEED MY TODDLER" something which is to me the most natural thing in the world, and not face judgement and sour looks and nasty comments. So glad I stumbled across here x
TashaAndBump
TashaAndBump

Female Number of posts : 121
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Anna (17 months old) Pregnant with identical twins! Smile

Due 29th January - Can't wait to breastfeed babies 2 and 3 :-) Anna stopped breastfeeding at 16 months 2 weeks.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum