Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol

+8
rhi'smummy
piesmummy2006
angpixi
ldnug
Natasha
kay
Kasia80
Helen
12 posters

Go down

co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol Empty co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol

Post by Helen Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:50 pm

i was a bit wary of co-sleeping before i had baby but now i've had her i just think its a really natural thing to do. especially with breastfeeding its so much easier for me and baby as its still early days so she's feeding loads at night. anyway, we made the mistake of mentioning in conversation to hubbies mum about us co-sleeping. now she wont let the topic rest!she brings it up all the time and tries to make us feel awful about it - despite me trying to defend it to her with all the positive facts. i feel like screaming at her if she says one more thing to me about it!
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol Empty Re: co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol

Post by Kasia80 Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:23 pm

My mil stated once: its not healthy. But trust me she didn't had a baby health in mind, as I discovered trying to explain her that we are really carefull about cosleeping. She meaned: not healthy for our intimate relationship. I told her we have v healthy one, thank you very much, and every time she mentiones anything I know she disslikes in our parenting style I just pretend not to hear her, not to understand (well, its easy for me: i'm nor English; you must understand, my English still needs a lot of practice Wink :lmao: ) or I change the subject.
I'll try to dig somethig out for you, might be helpful.

Oh, and GOOD FOR YOU FOR COSPEEPING!!!!:aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol Empty Re: co-sleeping - anyones family sticking their noses in? lol

Post by Kasia80 Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:03 pm

I found this for you:
its called "pass the Bean Dip"

http://goybparenting.com/?page_id=28 this one is for home schooling, but idea is the same for breastfeeding, cosleeping, attachment parenting, etc.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:13 pm

I co-slept with my 1st 2 and will with this one too.

Family didnt approve and always had an opinion on it, but we have been very much children lead parenting, and we have 2 healthy happy little boys!

Ignore them - everyone always thinks their method is the best, when really only you know what works for you and bubs. You'll no doubt get the 'are you STILL breastfeeding?' comments too lol!

My HV gave a good line to say to them - 'things have changed since you had your children, new research is being carried out daily, and i am doing what i believe is best for me and my baby, just as you did for your children.'
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 pm

I co slept with Olivia from day 2!

The first night we come home from the hospital was the worst night of my life!

I hadn't slept for over 24hrs, had only given birth 7 hrs prior to going home (I wanted to) and she did nothing but scream and cry.

I didn't know any better then, it was horrible and I had been told to put baby in crib and that you should'nt co sleep.

The second night I did and continued to do so for a year!

I love it, Olivia is content happy and secure, and knows mommy and daddy are by her side!

I moved Olivia into her own room yesterday, though it was hard for her to except ( broght her in my bed later! Very Happy ), but I put abit of breast milk on a teddy tonight and shes cuddled it since!!

So how anyone can say that you can't get a baby into their own room after co sleeping is so very wrong!!

Co sleeping done safely is the best thing you could ever do in my opinion, well done!!

:cheer:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:38 pm

I co-slept with both mine - a slong as you follow guidance to the letter - no smoking/drinking etc then there shouldn't be any reason not to.

Would love to do it now but my LO likes her own bed now!!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Breast Buddies wrote:I co slept with Olivia from day 2!

The first night we come home from the hospital was the worst night of my life!
I hadn't slept for over 24hrs, had only given birth 7 hrs prior to going home (I wanted to) and she did nothing but scream and cry.
I didn't know any better then, it was horrible and I had been told to put baby in crib and that you should'nt co sleep.
The second night I did and continued to do so for a year!

Thats exactly like me. I had a 33 hour labour baby was back to back and my contractions were really strong and every 5 mins from the start! Had no sleep at all through them and i left hospital 7 hours after having her. because the books and family are all for using a crib etc. then thats what i tried to do on the first night. she never stopped crying and it made me feel so bad so from the second night she's been in the family bed (she's 3 week 3 days now). Glad Olivia is doing so well - i bet it was awful for you having her leave your bed. I suppose you have to do it eventually i cant see them being 18 and still sleeping there lol.

Thanks everyone - you always no what to say to make me feel better! lol :aww:
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:30 pm

ive co slept with all 5 of mine sometimes more th!an one at a time! its not done any of them any harm and the older ones are quite content in their own rooms- tho do like to cuddle in with me to watch a dvd sometimes it gets v crowded
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:12 pm

i co-slept with niamh from about 3 days too, it turned in to being a god send! its so much easier, my problems with breast feeding went away too.
like the others said too if you do it safely it is fine, my MIL was the one moning too but i was just blunt with her. My baby blues also went away as soon as me and niamh settled in co sleeping and i really think it was because of this. Sometimes even now she gets in "rod 4 your back Angela" i hear and then in my head i hear "shut the hell up!". (not brave enough to say it though Laughing ) xxx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Rod for your own back.............

How many times have i heard that :haha:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:32 pm

:pml: :pml:
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:46 am

kay wrote: 'things have changed since you had your children, new research is being carried out daily, and i am doing what i believe is best for me and my baby, just as you did for your children.'
I like that quote, you could also drop in that it was probably fine to smoke when she was a new mum, so why stick with the rest of thier old advice!
I could do with a rod for my back sometimes, Rhianna is getting heavy! :haha:
We've kind of coslept, Rhianna is in a sidecar cot. So now when she wakes in the night she crawls over to me to snuggle, and in the morning when she wakes too early, I lie there hoping she'll go back to sleep, she crawls over me to get to Daddy! 5.30 this morning, he got up and played, I stayed in bed till 8, heaven!
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:53 pm

rhi'smummy wrote:So now when she wakes in the night she crawls over to me to snuggle, and in the morning when she wakes too early, I lie there hoping she'll go back to sleep, she crawls over me to get to Daddy! 5.30 this morning, he got up and played, I stayed in bed till 8, heaven!

You crafty one you!! Suspect
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:44 am

Andrew goes to bed (in his cot) at 7pm and he sleeps with me from about midnight when he wakes for his feed. I love the closeness of him being in my bed and we all get a great nights sleep.
just Rachel
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lait d Amour Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:36 am

I co-slept with mine too. Sorry to hear your mother-in-law is not supportive, but you are doing what's right and that's following your instincts so a big thumbs up to you! Very Happy

There's a brilliant book called Three in a Bed, By Deborah Jackson, it's a real eye opener and well worth the read!
Lait d Amour
Lait d Amour

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.laitdamour.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:39 pm

There's a brilliant book called Three in a Bed, By Deborah Jackson, it's a real eye opener and well worth the read!

I believe we have sticky in resources: https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/parenting-resouces-f32/three-in-a-bed-cosleeping-t574.htm its based on the book!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Lait d Amour Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Excellent, hadn't read that Smile
Lait d Amour
Lait d Amour

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.laitdamour.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by jetty Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 pm

im so glad to see other people co sleep. i was made to feel like if i did it id be braking the law by hv and nurses on ward.
for the first week i got out of bed and fed her but i hated not being close to her. i fell asleep feeding her one night and have slept next to her ever since.
she doesnt fuss or cry just nudges me when she needs a quick top up. i sleep well get lyins. i love having her close.
i love hearing her breath instead of leaning over moses basket to check.
plus its the best thing to wake up and see my little girl smiling.

jetty

Number of posts : 7
Tell us about yourself : About you:mummy to erin whos 10weeks.im a silly single mum.
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:20 pm

jetty wrote:im so glad to see other people co sleep. i was made to feel like if i did it id be braking the law by hv and nurses on ward.
for the first week i got out of bed and fed her but i hated not being close to her. i fell asleep feeding her one night and have slept next to her ever since.
she doesnt fuss or cry just nudges me when she needs a quick top up. i sleep well get lyins. i love having her close.

how beautiful! :aww:
and just how i feel!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 pm

kay wrote:
jetty wrote:im so glad to see other people co sleep. i was made to feel like if i did it id be braking the law by hv and nurses on ward.

how beautiful! :aww:
and just how i feel!

Jess that is lovely and i feel exactly the same as you and kay. I tried what you say - having to get out of bed to feed her. I did it for 2 nights and got no sleep. I was like a zombie. I sat in bed feeding her practically all night on the 2nd night. Everytime i put her in her crib she woke and cried. On the 3rd night we co-slept and it was the best thing i ever did. I enjoy telling hv's we co-sleep just to see the horror on their faces but for me to no i am doing exactly what i should be :aww:
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:28 am

OMG, tears came to my eyes reading this :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:52 pm

how lovely! :lovey: i feel the same too. We co slept from day 2,
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down