Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant man program

+3
Kasia80
gem1981
clairelana
7 posters

Go down

Pregnant man program Empty Pregnant man program

Post by clairelana Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Anyone wathing the pregnant man program?
His wife has managed to breastfeed the baby!
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Pregnant man program Empty Re: Pregnant man program

Post by gem1981 Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:19 pm

I haven't watched it, I refuse to because.....

.....IT'S NOT A MAN!!!!

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:47 pm

I believe this is more state of mind that body part count Wink

I haven't watched program, I do little tv lol, but I've followed them on net and think it is quite remarkable. Kudos esp for bf.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:48 pm

I agree Gem Its a woman, whys is it so amazing that a womans giving birth????????
Very strange.
I was impressed that the woman (not the one who had baby) was bfing the baby. She made her body think she was pregnant so she would produce milk.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:03 am

How did she make her body think she was pregnant to product milk...???

I don't have UK tv so have no idea whats happened...

I have a friend though whos pre op transgender (male to female) and she thinks that this person insults transgender. She has quite strong feelings on the subject (obviously) and hates every aspect of her male persona... is desperate to get rid of it, and would rather use donor sperm/eggs in the future because although she has been told to freeze her sperm, she feels that she will then be a "father" to the child and not the mother that she should be. I know its just a state of mind in that sense and obviously not every transgender person feels this way... but apparently a lot do...
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:36 am

clairelana wrote:I agree Gem Its a woman, whys is it so amazing that a womans giving birth????????
Very strange.
I was impressed that the woman (not the one who had baby) was bfing the baby. She made her body think she was pregnant so she would produce milk.

I was going to say that theres nothing male about it part from the facial hair its stupid but yes i watched a bit of it.
And yes its great the "mummy" could bf, iv heard loads about this with mums who adopt i even looked into it when i tried despretly to get my milk suply up again
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

i think its quite cool, considering many ladies can't even bother to bf or give up at first sight of problem. and relactating is not so simple like it sounds.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

I thought it was a fantastic program! They clearly are a loving couple and im sure that child will have a brilliant upbringing.

Yes lactation is very difficult and take some perserverance, I thought it was wonderful what she did!

At the end of the day, so what if he hadnt gone the full way, in mind he was male, and pointed out the risks of having an op and was too scared to have it.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Natasha wrote:They clearly are a loving couple and im sure that child will have a brilliant upbringing.

Everyone has said that .... and a happy home is always the most important no matter how unconventional Very Happy
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Squiglet wrote:
Natasha wrote:They clearly are a loving couple and im sure that child will have a brilliant upbringing.

Everyone has said that .... and a happy home is always the most important no matter how unconventional Very Happy

:bang: here here!!! lol
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down