Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fenugreek is not helping Im ill got pnuemonia still bleeding

+5
jools
Kasia80
angpixi
Natasha
steph80
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

topic 6 fenugreek is not helping Im ill got pnuemonia still bleeding

Post by steph80 Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:38 pm

:sicky: :sicky: :sicky: :sicky: :sicky: :sicky: :sicky: :sicky:

I dont know what to do I feel like such a failure especially since Ive been on such a bf rampage. Ive tried the fenugreek it helps a little but Im so ill I feel like Im on a very slippery slope.

Im still having heavy bleeding since I had her 22 weeks ago the treatment they are suggesting now is the Overan the strongest complete contraceptive pill, Cyklokapron or ponstan which is generally used to treat heavy periods as they are struggling to identify a cause and want to stem the flow to enable them to find a cause easier and with out the need for repeated laproscopys and so forth. None of these are compatable with bf.

Ive picked up a hideous cold bug which has now turned into bronchial pnuemonia not as bad as it sound but Im also anemic becuase of the blood loss and I am fighting such a battle. Im feeding her as much as I can but as she has bronchilitus too and taking a feed from me is harder for her right now when she is feeling particularly poorly mostly at night she refuses me completely.

I dont know what to do and I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle. The HV is crap (sorry but she is) and keeps telling me I need to put her on ff because its now effecting her health but I so wanted to get her to a year. I fed Nathan till he was 2 1/2 and just assumed Id manage this time. I feel like a failure especialy after going on about the campaign so much. It doesnt take anything from my beliefs or feeling about bf. I wont put Madies health at risk and I resent the HV for making me feel that way. Ive complained and asked to have the other lady from now on. If shes really struggling I do give her formula I wouldnt make her starve for goodness sake what kind of mother do they think I am. This just makes me want to do the campaign more. If I had better proffessional advice and help to make educated informed decisions Im sure this would have been easier.

Dont get me wrong girls you have all be amazing support and given me advice and tips I didnt get elsewhere but what kind of society is it where we have to rely on fellow mums instead of the "MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL" who are paid with our taxes to be educated and informed enough to advise us on this stuff. I havent got much of a home support network either my family live miles away, OH tries but has to work and MIL is not a help really shes a good time gran if you know what I mean and has made it clear how she feels about me bfing anyway so she would delight in seeing me fail.

I know 5 months is not bad going some dont get that far but I so wanted to get to a year when she can go straight to cows milk. Nature to nature kind of thing. Becuase I did so well with Nathan it feels even worse because I feel like Im letting her down. Like shes not a important as Nathan I know its stupid but I cant help it. Sorry to rant but I feel so cross, fed up, let down by the system, and possible a little of the tired ill emotional wreck coming out in me.

Thanks for listening and if anyone else has had similar experiences and has any amazing ideas please let me know because I am at a loss.

I am continuing to battle but admit I feel defeated

steph xx
steph80
steph80

Female Number of posts : 97
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

topic 6 Re: fenugreek is not helping Im ill got pnuemonia still bleeding

Post by Natasha Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:27 pm

:aww: First of all!

You are doing so well, please don't feel like a failure, your health and wellbeing is very important, and I do see that maybe you may have no choice, but before you get to that I strongly suggest you seek advice from La leche league

Their number is

0845 120 2918

Speak to one of them and they will put you onto someone who can help you or put you int he right direction for support.

Aslo I am not sure where you live but if you go on their site

http://www.laleche.org.uk/pages/groups/groups.htm

You may find a support group in your area.

Failing La leche calling the Breastfeeding network is also an idea.

They have a drugline on what you can/cannot take during breastfeeding and may have come across you situation ebfore, im sure your not the only breastfeeding woman in the country that has the bleeding problem.

0844 412 4665 - Drug Line

Their support line number is:

0844 412 4664

Unfortunatly there is no more advice I can offer you, this is something someone professionaly trained needs to take charge of ( as you say, you'd think they would be there! )

I am sure either La Leche or Breastfeeding network can help.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:20 pm

im sorry i cant help but :aww: :aww: youre doing the best you can and youve done fantastic to get this far with your problems. its still great to be a breast feeding fanatic whether youre feeding or not- i intend to be even when im drawing my pension! hope you get some luck with the contacts on last post x x x
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:43 pm

:aww:
great advice from Tash.
Take care, Steph, please!!!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Awww hun :aww: :aww: :aww:

Some great advice already I just wanted to send you some hugs :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:18 pm

just wanted to also send some :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 pm

:aww: Im joining the queue to send you a big hug!

I hope everything works out ok for you - but one thing is for certain, you are not a failure, and you have certainly not let your little girl down - you have coped amazingly through what must have been an awful time with you both being so poorly.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I don't know how i missed this yesterday but Steph I just want to send u hugs too! :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:

You are doinf brilliantly with all the problems u have had.

Follow Tasha's advice and speak to someone about this.

I know you have beed given contraceptive pill but have u been referred to the hosp or anything for proper gyny advice? It might be worth pushing for it if you havent.

Just take care and now that xmas is over give yoursellf a bit of time for you - relax and let other stuff slide for a while.
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:54 am

Big hug from me too, is there any way you could switch to a new HV?Maybe have something vital you have to do next time you're supposed to see her and ask for a different day, when she's off. Or be brave and ask for a new one who's more pro breast feeding.
Even if you did decide to stop, you realy shouldn't feel like a failure, if anything will affect your relashonship with your daughter its that. They realy need to be praisng what you've done so far, and you have been wonderful.
Ps. chocolate, esp dark chocolate is good for anemia, lots of iron, and for making you feel better too, all those endorphins!
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Ive tried the fenugreek it helps a little but Im so ill I feel like Im on a very slippery slope.

You could try combine fenugreek with blessed/or milk thistle, alfalfa abd brewers yeast. You caouls max up fenugreek up to 4 x 4 pills a day.
More on galactuoges: http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html

Also Domperidone (Motilium), and Metoclopramide (Reglan) are prescription based meds used to stimulate milk production. Motilium is actually anti nausea medication. Yu would have to have a word with your doc about them.

Make sure to eat plenty of iron reach foods and drink plenty of fluids, to protect from low iron levels.

I'm sorry you are going thru this, Steph. I have no more advice, just take care of yourself and get well soon.
Also: your LO will need more healthy mum than bf sick mum, and if you have to give up bf in order to get better- this must be the way to do it! :aww: I'm sure you will neve have to stop!!!!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by steph80 Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 am

Thankyou all so much. I am back to the GP today so will ask him as he is nice and may put me in touch with someone other than hv. Ill keep you upto date but everyone else is ill here too so Im just trying to get on with it.

Youve been welcome support thanks xx
steph80
steph80

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm

How did you get on at the GP Steph?
ldnug
ldnug

Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:40 pm

Yes Steph how did it go?

I hope your both ok, one thing I keep forgetting to say is concidering your having so much trouble your daughter looks as healthy as can be in that picture!

:aww: You should be very proud of yourself
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by steph80 Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi thanks for asking x I may have glandular fever now too but they did a blood test which Ill get back on monday they cant do anything though as its a virus. He says I am getting run down because of the blood loss and they really need to sort it and quickly. I am so tired at the moment Jas has been really ill too.

I dont know what will happen now he is going to do a little research as he has not had a patient that has not responded and still wants to breastfeed most mums he comes across give up at the first sign of trouble and said I should feel proud for trying to stick with it.

Things have improved a little and I manage 2 good feeds a day now insead of barely one. Madie is doing well and steady in her weight gain she had a small blip but she had not been that well either so it may have been that too. Shes a lovely baby though happy and content and healthy more importantly.

I told the GP I was cross about the HV that I resented the fact that all through pg its pushed and pushed about bf which is good but the after supports appaulling and the first sign of trouble the HV pushes formula on you and if you dare question her she makes you feel like your a bad parent that is harming your child. I think he thought I was being dramatic to start with and asked how I got that impression and I explained the things that have happened and that she has said. I have now been put under the other lady there who seems ok shes an older lady perhaps that helps.

Thanks for all your support its so kind of you all to check up on me.

I will come on again monday and fill you in on the tests and what the dr said.
Steph xxxxxxx
steph80
steph80

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Let us know how you get on.

Poor you! :aww:
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:12 am

:aww: hun,thank you for an update.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by steph80 Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:50 am

aaw thanks I will. i am muddling through like you always do when youve got little ones to look after its just so frustrating not being well.

Its Nathans party on Sunday and his birthday Tuesday so its a welcome distraction. Will message again monday afternoon when I get the results xxxxx
steph80
steph80

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:05 pm

I am so pleased the Doctor is helping and he has given you another HV instead of that other silly moo!

I do hope you get better soon and I really do think your doing a fabulous job!

Well done and I hope you have a lovely day today! :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by steph80 Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:50 am

Nathans party went very well he loved it. I got a bit streesy as the venue had not set the room up but the kids neither noticed or cared and its about them at the end of the day.
My mum and her OH came down and surprised us which was amazing as I really miss her especially having the children.

Nathans actual birthday is tomorrow and we will have a nice tea or something. With all that out of the way I can chill a little

Thanks again will message after drs xxxxxx
steph80
steph80

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:56 am

Great to hear party went well!

You are not overdoing it, aren't you Suspect

Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 pm

cheers Glad the party went well!

Hope you are feeling ok, and Nathan has a lovely birthday tomorrow :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Dad said the party was good fun!

Hope all went ok today?
ldnug
ldnug

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:57 pm

yes, I hope you are wel, Steph :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by steph80 Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:54 pm

It was a good party and I can now chill more. I feel tired and achy but paracetamol helps with that a lot. I have had to have another blood test as the nurse never labelled the last one gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr

Thankfully in some ways if it is glandular fever they cant really give me anything so I am not waiting for medication or anything just taking things slowly. The drs say it is a horrid viral bug theres little they can do except paracetamol and ibuprofen in 2 hourly rounds one after the other. I have vitamin c and nice bubble baths which all helps. Now all the party and things are out the way I can chill a bit.

Do need to start eating better though I am naughty I just dont feel like it though. Soup soup glorious soup and lots of juice to get my vitamins cant stomache much else though.

Anyone else had these awful bugs doing the rounds. Have heard lots of people have them.

Thanks for caring though xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
steph80
steph80

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Aww hope you are feeling better real soon! :aww: :aww: :aww:
jools