Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dieting

3 posters

Go down

topic 10 Dieting

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:54 pm

I've decided the time has come to do something about my weight. They say it takes 9 months to a year to get back to your pre baby weight, but after 13 months I'm still looking slightly pregnant.
I cant do the just eat healthy way, I lost quite a lot on weight watchers but now prefer an online diet, was thinking of trying the tesco one.
How does dieting work while BFing a 13 month old, do I need a certain amount of extra calories? Wine was my biggest downfall before, but now I hardly drink it should make life easier. (I'm drunk after a glass, but still have to finish the bottle)
I've read the links in that section, but mostly they talk about dieting in the early months.
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

topic 10 Re: Dieting

Post by Natasha Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Well before I stopped breastfeeding I started eating a lot healthier, more fruit,veg and less snacks.

I found just eating the 3 meals a day and no snacking I started to loose weight.

I wouldn't say that you needed the extra calories like you do with a younger child, but just eat sensibly, and make sure you don't go below 1200 - 1300 calories a day, you should loose weight.

But before that what is your calorie intake now? you need to do it gradualy otherwise your body will hold onto the bits you don't want because it switchs to survival mode.

I know not everyone can but I got a stepper in and did situps etc for a couple of week every night and I am now nealry back down to my pre preg weight, mostly because im eating better and not following a strict diet.

Also this is just my opinion, if you want you could always talk to a dietician they maybe able to help x
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:04 pm

I lost 2 stone on Rosemary Conley before i got pregnant - and they do healthy eating plans for pregnancy, post natal and breastfeeding mums. They do classes which have an aerobics session, or an online diet.
I am definately rejoining in the near future!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down