Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG.. What a night!

4 posters

Go down

OMG.. What a night! Empty OMG.. What a night!

Post by nac Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:29 am

Hi all,

My little one is teething in earnest and suffering with a nasty cough/cold/snot attack! well last night after some crying and refusal to have a breastfeed at night before bed - i gave her a bottle of EBM thinking oh its her blocked nose a bottle may be easier!

There started an emotional rollerocaster - because at 4.oo am when she woke she also refused breast - now i was worried - lots of pulling away and crying - thats not her normal reaction!!

So i gave her EBM and hit the net - Nursing STRIKE! there were lots of tips so i was ready for her in the morning! I walked her and rocked her and she latched - bit me! i braced and gently said no biting! when really i wanted to scream stop biting me! then she fed - not easy when you have big boobs - i swung this way they swung the other and bless her she was latched on so looked a bit funny.

I laugh now - but i wasnt laughing when i thought she wouldnt breastfeed again - i was scared and so upset what an emotional way to find out how important it is to both of us.

n

nac

Number of posts : 27
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

OMG.. What a night! Empty Re: OMG.. What a night!

Post by clairelana Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:23 am

:aww:Oh bless, I hope your lo is feeling better soon.
Is she not having a growth spurt? The blocked nose wont be helping either.
Glad you managed to feed this morning.
:aww: :aww: :aww:
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:51 am

lets face it ,they can be right little buggers ....we give them the best we can & yet they constantly test us. I sympathise i have been bitten badly a couple of times & its very hard to stay focused & calm politely saying no darling dont bite !
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:57 pm

awwwww :aww: hope LO gets well very soon! xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down