Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your LO's like at night

2 posters

Go down

What are your LO's like at night Empty What are your LO's like at night

Post by indigosky2k Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm just curious really as to what everyone's little ones are like sleeping and feeding.

Kacie is either a reasonable sleper or a really rubbish sleeper, though she used to be better. She was sleeping 5-8 hours from about 4 weeks until the dreaded 4 month mark. Her downhill sleeping coincided with her 4month jabs and our going to stay at my parents without DH for the first time. She started only sleeping for 2 or 3 hours mostly, though often when she first goes to bed she sleeps upto 5 hours, sometimes 6, no good when it's 9pm-1am and I've only gone to bed at midnight What are your LO's like at night Icon_rolleyes We did have 5 months of almost constant teething between 5 and 10 months, she has 8 teeth What are your LO's like at night Icon_eek and she woul get one errupt, we'd have a couple of nights of peace and then the nxt one would start to push up in the gum and give her trouble on and for for a couple of weeks before errupting. Fortunately things have been better since the 8th one appeared, but I suspect the next one is on the move now What are your LO's like at night Icon_rolleyes
She will take a dummy and doesn't always want to feed, but she usualy crys and gets very upset. She is still in our room and I've no plans to move her out. She has been in a cot about a foot from my side of the bed, but I recently moved it nearer, so I could reach her through the bars, and then finally last week took the side off altogether, so she is now able to crawl out of bed to me. I so wish I'd done that when she went in the cot at about 4 and half months. We've tried fully co-sleeping, but we all get too hot and some nights she has been known to crawl up between mine and DH's heads and sleep on the pillows What are your LO's like at night 213292 I think things are generally improving as she is going back into the cot through the night quite easily and is actually not demanding What are your LO's like at night 129911 but happily just snuggling into me and going back to sleep. Now rather than feeding 3, 4 or 5 times a night, she's feeding the first time she wakes between 11 and 1 and then again between half 5 and half 6. The other times she wakes she either comes and snuggles up to me or I manage to lie her back in the cot and she'll settle back to sleep. We're still getting 4 or 5 wakings though What are your LO's like at night Icon_neutral
I have however noticed a couple of things with this close sleeping. She sometimes struggles to get from REM sleep into deep sleep What are your LO's like at night Icon_sad she will whimper and wriggle and then get really upset to the point nothing but holding her will calm her, sometimes with booby, sometimes with a dummy. The other thing is that the inevitable wriggle to the top of the cot means she'll be banging her head on the top of the cot and gets wedged in and then starts screaming again. I even bought a cot bumper yesterday to soften the night time head banging What are your LO's like at night Icon_redface She is such a happy baby during the day, hardly crys except when she's really tired or hungry, or of course if shes hurt, but apart from that she is smiley, happy and giggles constantly, that both DH and I really struggle with just how upset she is during the night.
I'm seriously considering cranial osteopathy as I've heard good things about it and babies sleep. Kacie was a forceps delivery What are your LO's like at night Icon_cry What are your LO's like at night Icon_cry What are your LO's like at night Icon_cry and I believe forceps babies can have real problems with sleeping, among other things. She has always had times, even when she was really tiny where she would actually sob in her sleep, even if that was in mine or her daddy's arms, something which is very sad to experience. And I think a lot of our nightime disturbances are this sort of thing. I've actualy gone to her standing in the cot and she's been virtually asleep on her feet, What are your LO's like at night 7304

So just after some thoughts on all that really and experiences from others about how you LO's sleep at night. when they feed, what ages they've had particular changes to sleep, etc, etc. And any advice or experiences you've got. Bore me as much as you want What are your LO's like at night Lol and sorry for how long that is What are your LO's like at night Icon_redface you've done amazing if you made it to the end What are your LO's like at night 355291

Last edited by indigosky2k on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

What are your LO's like at night Empty Re: What are your LO's like at night

Post by Rachel Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 am

Evie sounds very similar, teething constantly (she has 14 teeth), waking frequently and only booby will do What are your LO's like at night 129911 although Evie would never take a dummy, as much as I would have liked her to at times. She was in a bedside cot for 7 months but then we thought that us being with her may have been disturbing her as she would be wide awake for 2 hour spells during the night jsut wanting to play. So we moved her into her own room and she did sleep a little better, was not awake as much but still waking 3/4 times a night. She still wakes 3 times and gets hysterical if hubby tries to sooth her, he can spend 45 mins and then she's just so upset that I know she will not settle so end up going into feed her anyway. I'm hoping that she may just eventually wake up 2 times, then 1, then none... What are your LO's like at night 474264 She still has never slept more than 5 hours straight and it can be soul deystroying some nights when all you want is a good nights sleep.
The cranial osteopathy sounds very interesting, it's definately worth a try I think!
Ooooo...another thing, I think that evie has always been a quick developer, crawling at 6 months walking at 10 etc...and I know sleep can be interferred with during develpomental milestones, so it could be that she is more wakeful around those times aswell as the teething marathon What are your LO's like at night Icon_rolleyes
I read the no cry sleep solution but we have yet to try and put it into action whole-heartedly, we have done the sleep log a few times but then not done a sleep plan. We did manage to get her to take a comforter though in the form of a blanket which she always has when she feeds, so I'm hoping that eventually she may be settled with just that and a bit of patting etc.
Hope you get some more interesting answers or possibles reasons for Kacies disturbed nights and hope you get some more sleep soon What are your LO's like at night 262538
Rachel
Rachel

Female Number of posts : 50
Tell us about yourself : Mum of two, Oli 4 yrs ( breastfed for 18 months) and Evie 16 months old and still going strong.
Primary teacher and married to a secondary teacher and a wonderful hubby who completely supports me in breastfeeding.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 am

Hmmmm yes it's interesting you should mention the quick developer thing. Kacie has been very quick with her developmental milestones and I know that the times when she's been learning new things are when her sleeping has been worse, apart from the teething. Usually at these times we've had the 2 hour playtimes through the night too What are your LO's like at night Icon_rolleyes

I might try the sleep log thing, but I have to say the last few nights have been even better. I think she's really getting used to knowing I am just there and not going to leave her. She just wants to be close really and that I don't mind, I like to know I have someone to cuddle too. DH is just too smelly What are your LO's like at night 20568 What are your LO's like at night 20568

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 pm

indigosky2k wrote:Hmmmm yes it's interesting you should mention the quick developer thing. Kacie has been very quick with her developmental milestones and I know that the times when she's been learning new things are when her sleeping has been worse, apart from the teething. Usually at these times we've had the 2 hour playtimes through the night too What are your LO's like at night Icon_rolleyes

I might try the sleep log thing, but I have to say the last few nights have been even better. I think she's really getting used to knowing I am just there and not going to leave her. She just wants to be close really and that I don't mind, I like to know I have someone to cuddle too. DH is just too smelly What are your LO's like at night 20568 What are your LO's like at night 20568

What are your LO's like at night 20568 What are your LO's like at night 20568 What are your LO's like at night 20568 What are your LO's like at night 262538 Awwww bless she just loves knowing her mummy is near by What are your LO's like at night Icon_biggrin
Rachel
Rachel

Female Number of posts : 50
Tell us about yourself : Mum of two, Oli 4 yrs ( breastfed for 18 months) and Evie 16 months old and still going strong.
Primary teacher and married to a secondary teacher and a wonderful hubby who completely supports me in breastfeeding.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down