Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working nights

+2
ldnug
clairelana
6 posters

Go down

Working nights Empty Working nights

Post by clairelana Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:26 am

Oh no!
I'm on night shift tonight.
I'm having problems! Kaydi is refusing the bottle and won't go to sleep without me. I'm going to try a spouty cup see how she goes. We had a really bad night last night. up 3 times which isn't like her at all usually she goes to sleep at 10 then wakes at 5. She didn't go to sleep till midnight.

Steve's got her on his own tonight. I'm a bit worried. I know she will sleep eventually but she's going to scream. Steve's going to fet stressed. He going to be up most of the night then going to have to go to work in the morning.

Any tips?
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Working nights Empty Re: Working nights

Post by ldnug Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Sorry no advice - just wanted to give u this :bighug:
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Its was awfull. Kaydi didn't sleep last night she just cried and cried. She's pretty much the same today as she is tired. She just wants boobie. She refused any ebm last night. She kept Steve up all night. As soon as i put her down she wakes up and screams.

I have to work again tonight. Crying or Very sad I'm worried about my baba. I hate seeing her cry/scream. My mum is coming tonight to stay so Steve can go to bed as he is working.

This can't go on i can't just leave her screaming all night. We will see how it goes tonight. If she's not happy i'm going to book emergancy holidays sat and sun night.

I can't physically fit all my full time hours in at work. Steves not budging. I need to reduce my hours by one day. Work have decided to stop long days which i relied on.

Anyone any tips for helping baby sleep without boobie???
clairelana
clairelana

Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Hmmm this is a very difficult situation.

Is the booby milk warm when he gives it to her? I would suggest he warmed it a little in a pan with warm water and then swirl gently.

Have you tried Adiri breast bottles?

http://www.totsmart.co.uk/products/breastbottle.php

Worth a try and I know some use them succesfuly.

Does she co sleep? if so would he co sleep with her?

I know how hard this is, but remember this is totaly out of her comfort zone and it will take time for her to come round to it, its just trying the best you/he can to reassure her that everything is ok :aww:

Im sorry it must be very hard for you :bighug:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh hunny :tear: my heart goes out to you :aww:
I honestly dont know - its the reason i didnt go back to work - im so sorry you are having to go through this :bighug:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 pm

I wish I had some advice to give you but I'm afraid all I can give are these
:aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 pm

oh im so sorry its not working at the moment :aww: :aww:havent got any advice either but i hope it gets easier for you. those bottles tash reccomended are quite good theyre very soft and more boob shaped though ive not used a bottle very much i used one of these with my last two and it was easier. :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:16 am

Well last night went much better. My mum stayed.
Kaydi went to bed at usual time 11ish then woke at around 2am. She refused to take ebm from bottle or cup so my mum gave her porridge and a bit of water. which settled her and she's still asleep now at 8.10am. I'm so tired I really want to go to bed. But i want to feed Kaydi first.
I think over time she will get used to it. I'm not worring so much now. (only because i'm not in till sat night)
How much breast milk should she be having at her age? I think she will be fine missing a few feeds.

We will see how she is sat and sun nights. If shes bad again i might invest in one of those bottles to see if it works.

x
Thank you ladies.
clairelana
clairelana

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:05 am

:aww: Glad it went abit better hun.

Heres a site to calculate how much she needs
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html

Sometime between six months and a year (as solids are introduced and slowly increased) baby's milk intake may begin to decrease, but breastmilk should provide the majority of baby's nutrition through the first year. Because of the great variability in the amount of solids that babies take during the second six months, the amount of milk will vary, too. One study found average breastmilk intake to be 30 oz per day (875 ml/day; 93% of total intake) at 7 months and 19 oz (550 ml/day; 50% of total energy intake) at 11-16 months.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:28 am

im so pleased it went better for you :aww: :aww: :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down