Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!!

+11
angpixi
piesmummy2006
Mervs Mum
Kasia80
Natasha
donna4
Squiglet
emmiesmummy
ldnug
jools
kay
15 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

topic 9 Re: My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kay Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:14 pm

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 P1000137

hehe! cant resist!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Well i can definatley see the line My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_lol

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 pm

*nods* - not even any squinting required!

Was dying to congratulate you properly earlier! Sorry I couldn't. x

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Helen wrote:Well i can definatley see the line My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_lol

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 355291

Thankyou - that ones todays test!!

Karen - I know, i was staying very tight lipped! thankyou for not saying anything xxx My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 875230
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:11 pm

OMG OMG just seen your fb status!!! and i knew it!!!! am sooooooooooo happy for you hunni!!!! congratulations!!!! yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap clap clap
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks Angela! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

girls - ive been reading the book Karen lent me - it is FAB - you HAVE to get it!!!
It is the baby one, as opposeed to the toddler, but it does to just over 2 years, and i', finding it very relevant to Corey (there is 2 pages on toddlers, and i felt this was too old for Coreys understanding)

It is so us! the lady that has written it has 4 children, all breastfed and co-slept until late toddler My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_cheers I would say 3/4 of the book are reference to breastfeeding and co-sleeping with a baby / child, and there are different things to try, whether you are trying to break the cycle of night feeding, sucking to sleep or co-sleeping or all 3! From the experiences she gives - we could have written the book!!

The truly lovely thing about the book, is that she doesnt emphasise that what we do is 'wrong' or that we have developed 'the wrong sleep associations', and she really emphasise in the book, are we trying to change nighttime because it is affecting us, or because society feels we should.

I read the book in the bath last night, so had an experimental night with Corey last night, and i think the method can really work for us!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:24 pm

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_cheers blumming heck iv had a few days away and go miss this, congratulations hun thats fab news, lets hope it a little My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 3398 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Thankyou hunny! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 871924
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Absolutly fantastic Kay!!!! I am so happy for you!! defo BFP!!!!!! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Herz
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Thankyou hunny! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 17219
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 am

kay wrote:Thanks Angela! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

girls - ive been reading the book Karen lent me - it is FAB - you HAVE to get it!!!
It is the baby one, as opposeed to the toddler, but it does to just over 2 years, and i', finding it very relevant to Corey (there is 2 pages on toddlers, and i felt this was too old for Coreys understanding)

It is so us! the lady that has written it has 4 children, all breastfed and co-slept until late toddler My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_cheers I would say 3/4 of the book are reference to breastfeeding and co-sleeping with a baby / child, and there are different things to try, whether you are trying to break the cycle of night feeding, sucking to sleep or co-sleeping or all 3! From the experiences she gives - we could have written the book!!

The truly lovely thing about the book, is that she doesnt emphasise that what we do is 'wrong' or that we have developed 'the wrong sleep associations', and she really emphasise in the book, are we trying to change nighttime because it is affecting us, or because society feels we should.

I read the book in the bath last night, so had an experimental night with Corey last night, and i think the method can really work for us!

Sounds brilliant! Well i'd already ordered the toddler book it hasnt come yet though, might wait to see what that says and will probably get the baby one then because that toddler one is like up to 6 years so i keep thinking it might be too old for bethany too so i'll just ebay it if it is My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 871924
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm

kay wrote:Thanks Angela! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
Which bit are you going to try?
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 pm

well what we are following at the moment is:

-setting a set bedtime routine, where we go upstairs, he lies in his bed, we have a story, a little drink of booby, then he lies back down and we sing or tell a story until he falls asleep with me sitting on the end of his bed. (he used to nurse to sleep on my lap downstairs)

- I have introduced sleep words - ours is 'shhhhhhhh, night nights' and a sleep teddy.

- If he wakes in the night, Initially i will try to settle him with the above, and if he wont re-settle, i will feed him, but unlatch him before he is fully asleep, so he isnt associating falling asleep with sucking / having his gob around my nipple!!

He has gone to sleep 2 nights running now like this, has taken just over 1/2 hour, but no crying ( a little whinging, but thats cos he;s not getting his own way!) Last night he went down fab, but we had an awful night, but i think this is because he didnt have a nap in the day. Today he has had a little nap, but has just coughed himself sick in his sleep, so i have a feeling he may be hungry later!

I spoke to my new HV today, and she was really supportive of this method, and said i was doing everything really well and to persivere with it My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_cheers
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:22 pm

id just like to say congratulations AGAIN LOL oh im really happy for you xxxxxxxx
donna4
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm

thankyou Donna! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 262538
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:21 pm

The toddler book came today - i thought it was 2-6 years but when it came it was 1-6 years. I've only read a little bit of it on independant sleeping and am gonna start new routine tonight of bathing her, taking her straight to our bed and letting her fall asleep and then when she does putting her in her own bed. My mum swears by this too and said it eventually worked with all us. I'm just gonna see how it goes My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 871924
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Good for you hun!
Last night was fabulous!! Im not holding my breath for a repeat preformance, as it is early days, but we went up at 7.20, and he had a feed on my knee, and then i sat at the end of his bed and we read stories and i sang, and he dropped off after just over half an hour. He was sick from coughing at 9pm, but i changed him and he went straight back down.
He slept solid until 3am, when he was shouting 'mum' so i sat at the end of his bed and shushed him, and he went straight back off. He woke again just after 4, and really wouldnt settle, so i gave him a quick feed, and then put him down. It took an hour this time, but he eventually fell asleep, and had eventually asked for juice instead of booby!
He then slept through til 7.30 am, the 4 am feed being his last one so far. He has asked a couple of times today, but i have distracted him by offering other things, which has worked! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_cheers
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 pm

thats great kay - glad things are going so well!
well, adam bathed her at 6.30 and at 7 i took her to bed in our room got her dressed and tried not to be to active although she sat in bed next to me for 50 mins singing and laughing with her dora and barney teddies lol. she went sleep at 7.50 and i put her in her own bed she opened her eyes looked at me and closed them again lol. I no its only been 40 mins so far but i swear it is the first time in months that shes got to sleep before 10pm and i have actually been able to come downstairs for a cuppa lol.
I'm just relaxing on sofa for a bit now and i'm reading some more of that book. It gives loads of tips on relaxation for toddlers and kids like aromatherapy and massage (which i havent done for a long time with her) and even about what they eat before bed. I have often let her have a satsuma an hour before bed and things like toast but apparently citrus fruits and butter and foods to aviod before bed (i feel a bit bad now because i didnt no that lol).
Anyway, gonna keep trying bits and bobs out of the book like aromatherapy and stuff. I'm off to the childrens centre tomorrow and i no they are gonna be asking me how their methods of controlled crying are going that they suggested on monday and i'm gonna tell them in a nice way to stick it lol. Had no intention of doing any of that but they were all trying to give me advice the other day and everyone of them were saying let bethany cry. I just cant do that at all though. Glad this book came today My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 871924
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:08 pm

I've been reading loads about this no cry sleep solution you guys are doing and realise this is what we do with lil miss. Normally either I or DH will take her to bed (around 9:30/10pm as that's what the norm is in Spain, but we don't have dinner till 8pm anyway). She gets into bed and we sing or read her a couple of books, then we turn the light off and we lie on the floor next to her bed.... she will keep chatting and trying to get out of bed, but we quietly pop her back in, say to her in a whisper "It's bed time now, you need to go to sleep". Eventually she will go, but it can take up to an hour. It depends how tired she is. Sometimes she will be difficult about it but normally she is ok.

We've been doing this for months now with no end in sight. I was wondering how long the book says you have to do it for before it starts working? I'd love for her to go to bed like Tia does, but tbh I think that's just wishful thinking. LOL:
Squiglet
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Im not sure on that one, as that is the stage we are approaching - but to me it is a milestone! I'm in bed at the moment, so i will see if the book reccommends anything when i go down in the morning - she is about the same age as Corey isnt she?
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7