Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Breastfeeding Week!

5 posters

Go down

topic 9 National Breastfeeding Week!

Post by kay Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Next week (11th May) marks national breastfeeding week, so get your boobies out and be proud girls! :boob:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

topic 9 Re: National Breastfeeding Week!

Post by Helen Wed May 06, 2009 9:56 pm

there is a new surestart opening in town and there is breast feeding awareness day there on wednesday and a few people have been asked to write some stuff about breastfeeding including me and having mine and bethanys picture taken - its all gonna be blown up to a3 and put on the wall - i dont no what to write! i have wrote something but i think its too much and i need to shorten it - if i post will you share your opinions?
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Wed May 06, 2009 10:08 pm

What do you think?

My Breastfeeding story

I always knew that I wanted to breastfeed my baby. I have no friends or family who I know that have breastfed for longer than 1 day so apart from the baby books I read from cover to cover during pregnancy I had no one to chat to that had fully experienced breastfeeding. To me, I have always thought breastfeeding is something that is so natural and beneficial to baby, not just nutritionally but also in many of ways such as to bond and comfort.

I have been breastfeeding Bethany for 17 months and I just love it so much. I have another on the way and am planning to tandem nurse. My plan is to let Bethany self-wean herself although I hope its not too soon as I am hoping to feed her till she‘s at least 2 as the World Health Organisation recommends feeding till at least 2. Nothing beats looking down at my baby girl whilst she's nursing and she looks up at me with a sparkle in her eye. And when she's finished nursing and she smiles up at me with a bit of milk dribbling down her chin. Makes my heart melt every time! I have found the help of the ladies on www.breastbuddies.forumotion.com so immense, I think I would’ve given up after the first few days if it weren’t for the support of them and my family as I weren’t aware of any breast feeding groups in my area or details of a peer supporter. I am hoping to become a peer supporter myself though to help other mummy’s overcome obstacles so they can continue to feed their babies for as long as mummy and baby wants to.

For any mummy-to-be who is thinking of breastfeeding, I would like to say that when it comes to breastfeeding follow your baby’s natural instincts as well as your own. I had friends and family who formula fed their babies telling me that how I was breastfeeding Bethany so much just didn’t sound right to them. When in fact it was perfectly normal! It is natural to have some doubts at some point - am I producing enough milk? Is my baby getting enough milk? Feed on demand and you cant go very wrong in my opinion. Like I say, trust yourself and your body, and your baby‘s natural instincts. Don’t be afraid to ask for help as everyone needs help sometime - breastfeeding doesn’t just come natural to some and mummy and baby may need some help. In the early days we had problems with latching, and being sore from feeding (I heard it called the 10 second toe curl), and being sat up all night feeding (I eventually tried co-sleeping which I no isn’t for some but was my life saver) but I persevered partly because of my stubboness as I didn’t want to give up as I wanted to breastfeed Bethany no matter what. I remember being told the first few weeks are the hardest and when you get over that things get so much easier and I totally agree.

From Helen Walker
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Thu May 07, 2009 7:46 am

Helen thats great! :aww:

Yes will be getting mine out a few months late Laughing
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm

That's lovely Helen xxx
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 am

Thats great Helen! :aww:

Lol @ Tash - there in spirit!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Fri May 08, 2009 3:40 pm

That's really good Helen! :cheer: I don't think it's too long...just right. If anyone is interested in BFing they would take the time to read it anyway Very Happy

Just wondered what was going on in everyone's local areas???

I go to a BF support group on a Friday and we are going to meet as normal but take some food and make more of a fuss and I think the HV may be getting some of the merchandise...but don't know of anything else happening??

Does anyone live in the North East and know of anything bigger going on?? :boob:
Rachel
Rachel

Female Number of posts : 50
Tell us about yourself : Mum of two, Oli 4 yrs ( breastfed for 18 months) and Evie 16 months old and still going strong.
Primary teacher and married to a secondary teacher and a wonderful hubby who completely supports me in breastfeeding.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down