Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Severe pain

4 posters

Go down

Severe pain Empty Severe pain

Post by emmiesmummy Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Ok today i was out shopping & i felt so ill i had to come home.I literally was bent over in pain and could hardly walk,an hour or so later i had to ring Dave at work as was curled up in agony & seriously wondered if i needed to get a doctor out. Well a couple of painful hours later my first period started,im still feeling pretty damn uncomfortable & have bad cramping. My query is for those who have had a big gap (Emily is almost 2,so its been almost 3 years since last period) did you find that your periods were like this on their return ? I used to be regular as was on the pill & wonder if they will be if & when ,heavier & more painful?
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Severe pain Empty Re: Severe pain

Post by ldnug Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Mine were heavier and more painful.

I have also had a lot more pain since having Emily - went to the drs recently as the pain was making me double over and she said that after 30 the nerves around the uterus are more sensitive and also that there is a lot more general swelling around the time of ovulation. The sharp pain was due to the shaft of skin around the back of the uterus (linking uterus and fallopian tubes), it had lots of nerves and the pain was the pulling of the skin due to the increased swelling. She also said that due to the slower release of hormones this ovulation time and possible ovulation pain would be for a longer period than when I was younger.

This may not be what your pain is and the dr did say that if it got worse or if the pain increased in time scale I would have to have a scan.

If you are in any doubt or the pain concerns you then see the dr as it could be linked to ovarian cysts or polyps (spelling??)
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:41 pm

mine were awful this tim eround really heavy and painful, i thought it was maybe something to do with my contraception (i have the coil) if it does get too bad i would visit dr though, they might be able to give you some advice on easing the pain or get you checked out xx
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:18 pm

I was exactly like you said a day or so before this period i am having now. I was on my knees in pain, and it wasnt like a regular period pain. I thought it was to do the infection i had had, but then my period came. The actual period hasnt been as painful as the pains just before it, but i was nearly calling an ambulance!

I had to LOL at what Lisa said - my 1st period since my 30th and it hurts like hell! Severe pain Icon_lol

Hope you feel well soon - youve been inredibly lucky to go so long - mine returned at about 8 months i think, but i have been like clockwork since x
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks ladies, Yes Kay i have been lucky & i have definately got used to not having them,i had nothing in the house,luckily i have a grown up daughter !! And im nearly 40 this time around & had a horrendous birth with Emily so i expect thats not helping matters either.
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down