Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to stop?

3 posters

Go down

topic 10 When to stop?

Post by Veron Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi
my lo is 4.5 months old. I love co sleeping and would leave her with us until she wanted to move out herself. Unfortunately, dh doesn't agree. Luckily he hasn't any timeline in mind yet. So I was wondering how the transitions from the family bed to sleeping alone worked for others?
Thanks,
Veronica

Veron

Female Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : Nursing, co sleeping and wearing. First daughter and hopefully more in the future. Loving my new life!
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

topic 10 Re: When to stop?

Post by kay Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:03 pm

all 3 of mine have been different!
My 1st slept with us until he was 11 months, but then my 2nd came along, so we got him into a cot.
My 2nd wasnt big on co-sleeping, so transferred at about 3 months.
My 3rd (the only breastfed one) left for his big bed at 23 months, which is when he weaned from the boob, and i was just pregnant. He still comes oin for cuddles at about 6am, and goes back to sleep, but he understood the transition and was happy with it! we were going to leave him in his toddler bed in our room, but he asked to go in his room that was beong decorated! When to stop? Icon_razz

there isnt a right or wrong time or way to do it in my opinion - we did it with all 3 due to circumstance, and they all adapted perfectly at the different ages.

7 am each morning all 5 and a half of us are in our bed having cuddles, which i love!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Veron Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Kay. Good to hear that we could initiate moving her to her own when the time comes. I was worrying a bit about it and it's probably a long way off yet. I might be back in a year with questions again!
Congrats on your pregnancy. I was smiling when reading about 5.5 in bed. Makes lovely memories for kiddies too. I remember my parents letting us in in the mornings and doing aeroplane with my dad.

Veron

Female Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : Nursing, co sleeping and wearing. First daughter and hopefully more in the future. Loving my new life!
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 pm

we are lucky to have a superking bed! When to stop? Icon_razz

It's important to me that the kids feel welcome in our bed. they know they get a lovely cuddle, and we chat about the upcoming day/week etc. they also know that mummy and daddy need privacy in their bedroom too, and they have great respect for that.
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaMat25 Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm

i put my 2 eldest into a bed of their own at 2ish becasue they both liked to take up the whole bed (it was a king size bed too lol) they spawled out in the bed so i hd only a tiny bit of the bed to myself so i wanted my bed back lol i think it was easier with Emma because James and her shared a bedroom (not now) but James wasn't too hard either i tried the controlled crying for 1 night and from then onwards i didn't have a problem
AnnaMat25
AnnaMat25

Female Number of posts : 259
Tell us about yourself : i'm s mum to 3 children
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down