Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food alergies/intolerences

4 posters

Go down

Food alergies/intolerences Empty Food alergies/intolerences

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:43 am

I think Rhianna might have some food intolerences, strangely I think one might be chocolate. For quite a long time she's had long periods of being awake in the middle of the night and I've thought its her tummy causing the problem. She's very wriggly, often curls up into a ball, and then has several big farts and then goes to sleep.
I cant see whats in chocolate to cause a problem, but I've been keeping a note of when she has it and it seems that days she eats choc she wakes more.
I'm thinking of taking her to the doctors to see if they can test her for food alergies or intolerences, and wondered if anyone has experience of what they do, if its helped or have you heard of choc causing a problem?
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Food alergies/intolerences Empty Re: Food alergies/intolerences

Post by salocius Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:05 am

It might be wheat, some choc may contain traces of wheat protein so it could be that.

You could try going for gluten/wheat free choc to see if it improves.

Both myself and eldest have coeliac and not allowed to eat Gluten, When my DD has eaten something she gets trouble with wind etc and curls up in a ball and screams the place down until it passes.

Might be worth mentioning it to gp when u go

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Upset
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:07 am

I'd only go for tests if your sure.
they do needle prick tests on lo's back is not very nice. If you don't really need to do it i wouldn't.
I'd just try taking out any chocolate from her diet and see how she goes.
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Well I got an appointment with the doc today and she said she doesn't think it sounds like food intolerence, because it doesn't fit the profile(?) but decided to refer me to peadiatrics. She said it might take a couple of months, so my plan was to cut out choc and keep a more strict food diary and then see what happens when I hear from them. However, after you've described how they do the test, I'll try to avoid it. I had thought it wouldn't be wheat as you suggest salocius, because she eats bread and pasta, but if I keep a strick diary maybe I'll see some kind of pattern.
Thanks, you've both really helped
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Olivia has had a food allergy test (she has problems with egg) and she was in a right state :iconsad:

I agree I would try and avoid it, and keep with the Diary and see what happens.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down