Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling down.

+6
gem1981
Helen
jools
Mervs Mum
Kasia80
toriaaaaTRASH
10 posters

Go down

Feeling down. Empty Feeling down.

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 am

I didn't know what section to post this in, but I am feeling really upset today. With breastfeeding being on the news in such negativity, and having to fight for my right to nurse my own baby with all these bloody sex obsessed idiots, I'm feeling pretty rubbish. I hate that I feel like feeding my baby is wrong. Do you know what I mean? Like I shouldn't be doing it. It's the most amazing thing I have ever done, it doesn't even come second to giving birth. It truely is the most wonderful experience of my life, and I'm dreading ever stopping. However, it frustrates me so much that I will NEVER be about to make these narrow minded IDIOTS understand because they will never experience such a thing!!! Sad

I'm getting fed up of fighting for my right to breastfeed. :cryyy:
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Female Number of posts : 124
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to a princess.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Feeling down. Empty Re: Feeling down.

Post by Kasia80 Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Aww sweetie, just let it in with one ear and let out with other. I know its hard :aww:

Did you hear about Bean Dip?
Bean Dip is a way of dealing with criticizm. Its explained in here:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/criticism.html
I'm using it with great success lol

And never, never have second thought about sharing with us, whenever you have worry! We're all here for you and you know, girls have sometimes brill ideas and kind word :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Thank you so much! It just gets to me sometimes. Especially when my friends don't get it!
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:02 pm

You know I'm always here honey :aww:

Thanks for those links too Kasia Very Happy
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm

You both are welcome!!!! :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:11 pm

I agree I know it's hard but just try to ignore it:aww:
Whenever it's getting to you, just come here and have a moan about it as we will all agree with you:lol: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:33 pm

toriaaaaTRASH wrote:Thank you so much! It just gets to me sometimes. Especially when my friends don't get it!

Aww hun :aww:
I no its hard but when i hear people talk crap, i just think to myself that i am doing the best i possibly can for my baby and if other people cant see that then they are a bit :crazy:

Last edited by Helen on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:34 pm

It is hard, and very frustrating to deal with. I think it all comes down to ignorance though. I listened to the radio five live radio phone in earlier with my step children and was very proud to hear their views, however, I think they only have these views now after having experience with breastfeeding if you know what I mean? They now see it as a perfectly natural, wonderful experience and think the people ringing in to put down breastfeeding were completely wrong and ignorant. I suppose I think that changing the views of the next generation will mean *one day* peoples opinions will change for the better.
Hope that made sense, I seem to have warbled on, lol x

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:34 pm

"You're still breastfeeding? But Tor, she has TEETH!" Yeah, and?!
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Back to top Go down

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:36 pm

Yeah, my neices watch me (6 and Cool and they're so interested! They think it's fascinating that milk comes into your boobies when you have a baby. They also think it's amazing that a baby "appears" when a boy and girl fall in love! Laughing
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:45 pm

toriaaaaTRASH wrote:Yeah, my neices watch me (6 and Cool and they're so interested! They think it's fascinating that milk comes into your boobies when you have a baby.

I love the innocence of children when it comes to natural things like breastfeeding. I love how curious they are and they are so interested in how milk gets there and everything. My 4 year old niece and my sisters firends kids (2&4) used to watch me and bethany like hawks when i was feeding started feeding her. My niece even used to :boob: her doll Laughing :aww:
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Yeah they stick dolls up their tops! The first time they saw it they asked "what is she doing" with a look of pure Shocked on their faces! They couldn't quite believe it. I personally couldn't believe they'd never seen a breastfeeding baby before!! My sister didn't mind their questions, and neither did I, so they're pretty clued up on it all. Although the youngest does keep asking mummy when her milk is coming!! Laughing
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 pm

when i first started feeding bethany, my sister was messing about with my 4 year old niece and was saying ellie wants bitty too and we were all laughing, my niece was laughing so much. Then a few weeks later, about the 3rd time we had joked about it my sister did the same again when i was feeding bethany. She picked my 4 year old niece up and was saying ellie wants bitty, we were all laughing so much and my niece said ok then and got really close to her to :boob: !!! This is my 4 year old niece who has never been :boob: i thought it was so cute and hilarous! She would've definately tried it if my sister had let her :haha:
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:00 pm

I've tried boobie juice, I confess! It is very sweet compared to the smell of formula!
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:36 am

Lana :boob: all her dols and teddys. Its so cute.

Toria your doing the best for your LO hold your head high and be proud. I know its hard at time with what people say. I just keep on going knowing i'm doing the best for Kaydi. I have my DH and one of his friends on my back almost constantly saying i'm wierd and strangly :boob: is not natural?????????
It get upseting and frustrating at times. But as usual i know i'm right.....lol well for sure with this:lol!:

I've not seen the bean dip link before thanx Kate.

:bighug: Keep up the great job Toria
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 am

love the bean dip link, i do find people i dont even know well ask about her feeding sleeping etc & i do tell them & then have to hear all their advise on where im going wrong! Why did it never occur to me that actually they dont need to know.
Toria im afraid some people never get it & you just learn to toughen up & realsie that doing whats best for you & your baby outweighs what anyone else thinks.
Be proud & happy in the knowledge your doing a great job & offer them some bean dip !!!!
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:36 am

Toria :aww:

Dont let the ****** get you down!!!!:pml:

They may try to grind us down and try to justify our choices, but they will never take away our boobieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!! :boob: :pml: :boob:
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 am

We wont go there with my bean dip story :iconredface: Razz

Im lucky in that i dont have much negativity from those close (apart from aunt who is a bint), but tbh i dont watch / read / listen to stuff on peoples attitudes to bf now - i cant be arsed with ill informed peoples childish attitudes.
I know what i do is fabulous, and having formula fed 2 children, i see the health and intelligence differences in my FF and BF kids.
Some morons will never understand - they dont want to try to understand - which is the problem. Leave them to it, hold your head up high, and be proud to be giving your little one the most precious gift you can :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Alot of the reason why people makes these comments because most of them have never breastfed and are not educated on it.

And because alot of the ones who make comments are mothers, the believe that because they have done it all before (even though the bottle fed) they know everything Rolling Eyes

Errr no

:aww: Hun your doing a great job and im glad you have found the forum, you wont get that negativity here.
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:08 pm

I think that some Mum's say things because in the back of their mind they cant get away from the fact that what we feed our babies is better than what they feed theirs - and thats the one undeniable fact.

They certainly arent worse or bad Mums for it and formula isnt bad for their babies but the ones who attack just have this niggle in their minds. The ones who are 100% comfortable with their choice dont feel the need to attack or justify.

I hope that doesnt sound harsh.
Mervs Mum
Mervs Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by toriaaaaTRASH Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:12 pm

My friend was here earlier, again "you're going to be breast feeding her when she's 5!" How the hell do you know? I think people think she is older than she is!! She's only 7 months (well in 2 days!)
toriaaaaTRASH
toriaaaaTRASH

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Mervs Mum wrote:I think that some Mum's say things because in the back of their mind they cant get away from the fact that what we feed our babies is better than what they feed theirs - and thats the one undeniable fact.

They certainly arent worse or bad Mums for it and formula isnt bad for their babies but the ones who attack just have this niggle in their minds. The ones who are 100% comfortable with their choice dont feel the need to attack or justify.

I hope that doesnt sound harsh.

Nope not at all and im sure its true in some cases, I have even seen some mums on forums admit to being like that because of their own guilt.

Toria, thats just what does my head in! Shes still a baby!!

It just goes to show how they read the guidelines wrong!

It says feed exclusivly for 6 months and then you are recommended to feed until the age of two minmum (as long as they let you go that far Sad )

But thats why you get people say that because the read "breatfeed for 6 months" Rolling Eyes

Oh dear :boob:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down