Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!!

+11
angpixi
piesmummy2006
Mervs Mum
Kasia80
Natasha
donna4
Squiglet
emmiesmummy
ldnug
jools
kay
15 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

topic 9 Re: My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kay Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:19 pm

thankyou ladies! thankyou Mary with your cryptic clues lol!

when you over Jools? i should be due late September...
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm

I just saw Helen's status on FB and thought 'that MUST be kay!!!' Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have someone to talk to about the horrible morning sickness! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 17219

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 pm

gem1981 wrote:I just saw Helen's status on FB and thought 'that MUST be kay!!!' Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have someone to talk to about the horrible morning sickness! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 17219

yeah!!
I was thinking about you before - is Daisy still very reliant on the breast? Corey is - especially through the night - i really need to get him settled better thru the night now!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Daisy has dropped her feeds since I got pg, beforehand she still fed looooads, however instead she likes to nipple twiddle My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Affraid which is so sore!!
She still sleeps in our bed every night which I'm worried about. Shane thinks by the time baby comes daisy will be sleeping soundly every night in her own bed but I'm not convinced. I am worried about how it'll all turn out to be honest, but at the moment I'm really bad with morning sickness and am so exhausted I just don't have the energy to do anything but carry on as we have been. I'm hoping later in pregnancy i'll get some strength back to try other things...
I'm taking the breastfeeding day by day and have made no decision to tandem feed or not, but ideally I would like to have Daisy in her own bed.

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:35 pm

kay wrote: is Daisy still very reliant on the breast? Corey is - especially through the night - i really need to get him settled better thru the night now!!

Bethany is a nightmare at the minute - as you no she stopped feeding beginning of december. But she is constantly waking up and asking for water, wont sleep in her own room and so is in bed with us, and is kicking me constantly in the night. I need to try and get her more settled. Its gonna be a nightmare if shes waking so much when new baby is here and waking the baby, and vice versa cos i will be even more of a zombie than i am now My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 pm

tandem feeding isnt an issue to me, but i need Corey to be sleeping through. He was slept awful this last week, using me like a dummy, but in hindsight now, it could be to do with my milk starting to change.
He is still in with me too, he has a cot bed which i put him in asleep, but he comes in with me about 2 am.
I think my main concern, going on past pregnancies, is if i end up in hospital later on - i would rather get him off night feeds now than him have to go cold turkey if i get admitted - Dave will have enough to deal with!!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 pm

OMG Helen, your pregnancy is going so fast!!! 30 weeks??! xxx

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:40 pm

I was just thinking that too!
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Is there a book called the no cry sleep solution? Something like that? I haven't read it.... maybe I should! lol My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_wink

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:52 pm

gem1981 wrote:OMG Helen, your pregnancy is going so fast!!! 30 weeks??! xxx

God i no, cant believe i'm due in 2 month! I really need to get this madam sleeping through, ideally in her own room cos i just get a bit worried about co-sleeping with a baby and a toddler because she has tantrums sometimes and throws things and kicks. Plus i worry we'll all fit because its a squeeze as it is with me, bethany and hubby lol My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 871924
Helen
Helen

Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:52 pm

gem1981 wrote:Is there a book called the no cry sleep solution? Something like that? I haven't read it.... maybe I should! lol My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_wink

think i should too lol
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:56 pm

we'll have to compare notes on it!
Im thinking of shifting Dave into the boys room for a couple of weeks so im not worrying about corey disturbing him too, and then just do my best to get Corey into a better routine. There is a baby event coming up at Asda, and they often have loads of those sort of books - as long as its not a bloody supernanny one!! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Kay, I would never recommend anything to do with that nobhead! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_wink That book is supposed to be a gentle way.

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:04 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Cry-Sleep-Solution-Through-Foreword/dp/0071381392/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263502662&sr=8-1

£5.96 free p&p

says:

Product Description

A breakthrough approach for a good night's sleep--with no tears
There are two schools of thought for encouraging babies to sleep through the night: the hotly debated Ferber technique of letting the baby "cry it out," or the grin-and-bear-it solution of getting up from dusk to dawn as often as necessary. If you don't believe in letting your baby cry it out, but desperately want to sleep, there is now a third option, presented in Elizabeth Pantley's sanity-saving book The No-Cry Sleep Solution.
Pantley's successful solution has been tested and proven effective by scores of mothers and their babies from across the United States, Canada, and Europe. Based on her research, Pantley's guide provides you with effective strategies to overcoming naptime and nighttime problems. The No-Cry Sleep Solution offers clearly explained, step-by-step ideas that steer your little ones toward a good night's sleep--all with no crying.
Tips from The No-Cry Sleep Solution:

• Uncover the stumbling blocks that prevent baby from sleeping through the night
  • Determine--and work with--baby's biological sleep rhythms
  • Create a customized, step-by-step plan to get baby to sleep through the night
  • Use the Persistent Gentle Removal System to teach baby to fall asleep without breast-feeding, bottlefeeding, or using a pacifier

Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Sounds good!
My only worry is if they are aimed at 'babies' as Corey is more of a toddler who knows his own mind..... My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 326544
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14 pm

As I said, I haven't read it, but I know my friend is using it now with her DD who is 2 next month.

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 pm

There is no cry sleep solution for toddlers too!
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Kay, I've got the no cry sleep solution - you can have my copy. Are you coming to Steph's tomorrow? (Don't worry - won't say anything if you are!!!)

Oh, and My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers

Congratulations Mrs!! Fingers crossed for team pink and a smooth pregnancy. x

PS, I guessed from your FB status!!

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am

There is a no cry toddler sleep book as well as the baby book, very much the same but it does cover kids up to about 5 I think. http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Cry-Sleep-Solution-Toddlers-Preschoolers/dp/0071444912/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263550248&sr=1-1 Another great book is adventures in tandem breast feeding, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-Tandem-Nursing-Breastfeeding-Pregnancy/dp/0912500972 Its doesn't say you must tandem bfeed but shows you how you can make it work if you choose to, and also offers some suggestions if you decide to stop, or even night wean.
Rhianna is still in our room, in a bedside cot, I tried a few months ago to get her settled in her room, but DH works early mornings so needs to go to bed early so it was left up to me completely and I was just too exhausted to keep going. Now we've switched her cot to his side so when the new one comes Rhianna will still be in our room, but wont hopefully will be happy to be comforted by dh instead of me.
I've told Chris he can sleep in the shed if need be, he can have Rhiannas room really, but just wanted to make the point, if I'm going to have to get a baby and a toddler to sleep without help, it's going to have to be where ever is easiest for me. As long as we all get enough sleep, its not important where it happens.
This is an option if you have your DH's support during the night http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp
Huge hugs to you all!
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 am

I ended up looking at more of them books on amazon last night and saw the toddler one lol. http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Cry-Sleep-Solution-Toddlers-Preschoolers/dp/0071444912/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263555579&sr=8-1 anyway i've ordered it. Time will tell if it works lol. They do a potty training one so might get that too when i've got some more money My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:01 pm

We come over the last 2 weeks of September My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Lol

Oh I am soooooooooo happy for you My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 pm

cheers Congratulations - you would do the test on a day when I don't go near the computer lol!

Here is to team pink!!
ldnug
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 pm

kaygeebee wrote:Kay, I've got the no cry sleep solution - you can have my copy. Are you coming to Steph's tomorrow? (Don't worry - won't say anything if you are!!!)

Oh, and My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291 My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers

Congratulations Mrs!! Fingers crossed for team pink and a smooth pregnancy. x

PS, I guessed from your FB status!!

dont know if you'll get this in time, but i am hoping top come along - just waiting for a phonecall from the doctors!! thankyou xx

and thankyou all for your advice! Im going to have a look at Karens, and then if i think i need the toddler one, i couild always get it.

My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 3398
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Dave's taking the mick out of me now cos ive just done another test - even he can see this one though! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 355291
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Yay!!!!!!!! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers I think I got a bit obsessed with watching the line get darker and tested many many times! My pre-TTC and TTC blog - updated page 8!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Lol

Will bring the book over to Steph's, in case you make it. x

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next