Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding things a real struggle

+3
Natasha
Kasia80
rhi'smummy
7 posters

Go down

topic2 Finding things a real struggle

Post by rhi'smummy Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:11 pm

Its a similar problem to the one below, but with diferences. Rhianna had been sleeping much better, only waking twice from 7.30 to 5.30, but this last week its got almost worse than ever. At first she was waking every 2 hours, then evey hour, then she woke a couple of nights at 12ish and wouldn't go back to sleep till 2, and last night she was waking every 45mins, and then wouldn't settle from 11.30 to 1.30, at which point I gave up and kicked hubby out to take her. She's in a cot next to our bed at the same level, but she's not keen on feeding lying down, she wriggles and wakes herself up even more, so I sit up and feed her in bed, which usualy works fine. But when Chris picked her up, he'd just walked around the bed when she threw up all over him. I'm sure it's not a tummy problem though, just that she'd been sucking on me for such a long time her tummy was full to bursting. Then ofcourse she was wide awake so he took her in the living room and put the tv on. She eventualy realised she was tired about 3 and called mama, so I fed her and she was asleep in minutes.
The other thing is she's gone almost completely off her food. She's had about 2 teaspoons of porridge, ½ a slice of toast and a tiny bit of yoghurt up till now 3ish. Her poo is the mustardy yellow poo of Bf only babies, with tiny bits of food in it and she's gone back to feeding off me as much as she can.
She doesn't have a cold, and I cant feel any more teeth coming through. Chris isn't any good during the night because he's got back problems at the mo, brought on by carrying Rhi in a baby biorn when I told him she was too big for it, so he wont stand and rock her.
I keep telling myself she'll get better soon but I'm not sure I believe it. It seems like its lasted forever already. I just dread night times at the moment.
Please give me some suggestions, or at least hope
Mary
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

topic2 Re: Finding things a real struggle

Post by Kasia80 Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Maya is exactly the same. But we know what's the problem with her. One word: MOLARS.
She will not sleep alone, only with us, and this is a struggle too as she is waking up frequently and if she is sleeping it is very restless; she is off most foods and bf every 20 min or so- most of the times its just suck suck for comfort.She is clingy and unhappy.
We resort to cosleeping and I camp as much as I can on the floor during the day- so I'm on her level: no need to cary her around, and waiting for it to pass. Plus some painkillers before night bedtime- I'm not happy with that, but better this than her suffering to point she is crying thru sleep. Paul has no luck with settling her down also. Yesterday he actually went to bed at 9pm, because we gave up with trying to put her to sleep in her cot- I worry about leaving her on big bed alone, even with bed rails she can roll off or even wake up and try to explore, so before we go to bed she sleeps in her cot- and laying down with her was only way to get her finally to sleep.
It could be 1 y old separation axiety too.

I'm sure it will pass.

Hugs to you and your hubby :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:53 pm

Yes Olis Molars are coming down, ones nearly through! ( thank god! )

She has been waking in the night, has vile poo ( poo'ed 5 times today )

She hasn't been as bad, I have been using new era holistic tablets which are to soften the gums.

I hope it passes soon and both your babies are better soon!!

:aww:

When Oli was breastfeeding and it was bad I dosed her up,I recommend medised!
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Yes, I'm sure you're right, but I thought they dont get the molars till they're closer to 2 and she's not got the other ones yet. It just makes me worry more to think it'll last another year!
I dont think its separation axiety as we went to a new baby group on monday, we've discovered our local LLL group, and she was off, I didn't see her for an hour. That realy pleased me though because I was thinking she's been getting very clingy lately.
I might look into those new era tablets, I gave her paracetemol a couple of nights ago, but it didn't make a huge diffrence, lots of people have mentioned medised, I might give that a go as well.
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:11 pm

Yes medised also makes them drowsy, so it helps them sleep abit like the night time calpol ( exactly the same apart from calpol is more expensive )

I thought that about the molars too, Olivias first one has been coming through for weeks! point by point, still 2 to go :tear:

And now her other is starting to pop through, she has 4 bottom 4 top and a molar is nearly through.

I hope she gets better soon Mary :aww:
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:44 am

hope it gets better for you both soon, :aww: :aww:
angpixi
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 am

Yes I hope things settle for you again real soon! :aww: :aww: :aww:

Medised is the only thing that helps when Brody is really suffering too! :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyjones Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:46 pm

Ellies got her molars through (but her bottom eye teeth have only just cut the gum). They are very random, so it could easily be that.

The other are you sure she doesn't have a sickness / diarhea bug. They have had ones going round nursery which unfortunately she came down with on Friday.

nickyjones

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself :
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:43 pm

hope it gets better soon hun! :aww: :aww: :aww: xx
piesmummy2006
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi thanks, its good to know we're not alone. Its realy strange, but last night she had quite a good sleep, still woke several times, but went back to sleep quickly. I was half expecting to find another tooth had popped through. Today she ate a bit more but still nowhere near as much as normal, but she had her MMR jabs earlier, so if she doesn't sleep well tonight it could be that.
After a not too bad night I'm taking it a day at a time, and hoping for the best.
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:30 pm

:aww: I hope it all settles soon for you both
Natasha
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down