Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloth nappies - help!!

5 posters

Go down

Cloth nappies - help!! Empty Cloth nappies - help!!

Post by gem1981 Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Daisy has been wearing a bambino mio today - prefold and wrap with a liner in. (No booster)
She was wearing it for about 4 hours. Anyway, I just changed her and she was wet through. The instructions for newborns or babies with loose stools said to curl the outside of the nappy in to the middle, if you get what I mean, so thats the fold I used. She had poo'd and it was all over the wrap aswell as the nappy.
I am using size 1 wraps and nappies. The wrap does look a bit small, could that be the problem?
Also, what do you do with the liners? And do you do anything with the nappy before you put it in the nappy bin?
Today I put the liner and wipes in a nappy bag and threw them away.
Any advice appreciated ladies!! :help:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Cloth nappies - help!! Empty Re: Cloth nappies - help!!

Post by emmiesmummy Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:46 pm

sorry Gem i dont know, i was waiting to see how you & Helen got on before i tried some. will it give some tips / advice on the bambino mio website??
emmiesmummy
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:59 pm

I aint got a clue hun - i'm just hoping i havent spent £200 on some nappies that we find are crap - well actually 400 cos they've charged me bloody twice! still trying sort it out with them and they keep sayin they've only charged me once! :icondoh:

Did you wash them a few times first to increase how absorbant they are?
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:07 pm

I washed them once but maybe I should have washed them more. I might put them in again actually. Also I just read in Katie's info that newborns may need changing every 1-2 hours. I think I'm going to still put her in a disposable at night until I get my head around it.
I hope you get your money sorted soon! I hate it when things like that happen!

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:32 pm

I would change every 2 hours or so. We do Maya every 3-4 max now.
I fold prefold nappy like letter: in 3, so the thickest part is where crotch is.
Then I put fleecy (washable) liner and all in a wrap.

Do those wraps have gussets?

Poo would leak on wrap, its normal. We rinse off solid bits and stick it in a bucket. Milky poo its fine, only when you get to carrot bits or broccoli you really want to get rid of them, lo, as they'll stick to washingmachine door. We have this ecological washing machine, its using sooo little water, it can't flush off bits lol!
You can use shower head over loo (if it is reaching) or hold hard to nappy and pull fli
flush- make sure not to let go, :Razz:
We use only re-usable liners, so we rinse them too and wash with nappies.
Disposable liners you bin with wipes.

I posted in https://breastbuddies.forumotion.com/parenting-resouces-f32/cloth-nappies-post-your-best-tips-in-here-t1607.htm few intersting and usefull tips and links to essenciall websites.
About washing:
http://www.diaperjungle.com/washing-cloth-diapers.html
http://www.diaperpin.com/howto.asp#wash

on leaking:
http://www.borntolove.com/column7.html
will post more later, need to run now, Maya running fever 3 days need to see doc,

Sorry about probs,Helen. :aww:
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks Katie, what do you do at night?
How is Maya doing? What did the doc say? I hope shes ok! :aww:

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:07 pm

changed Daisy after about 2 hours, had no leaks - but no poo.
I took pics so you can tell me if you think the fit is ok,
Cloth nappies - help!! 100_1713

Cloth nappies - help!! 100_1714

and folding nappy like this:
Cloth nappies - help!! 100_1715

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:11 pm

Have you tried this fold for loose stools? http://www.bambinomio.com/v06/nap/usr.cgi I never used bambino mio, but I'd say its much better to change more often. I used a toilet brush to get rid of as much poo as possible before putting the whole lot into a bucket and dry pailing. I've always used fleece liners, I didn't like the feel of the disposable ones and they gave Rhi a bit of nappy rash.
One of the main reasons I used real nappies was not wanting to take up landfill space, and for that reason I tried to cut down as much as I could on rubbish. Fleece liners cut down a lot, and I used fleece wipes as well. There's also the nappy bag you put the wipes in. I've always used disposable at night, until recently her nappies have been very wet overnight, I would have had to change her at least once. So I've got a smaller nappy bucket with one big bag and I put all the wipes and disposable nappies in there so as to cut down on the plastic. Does that make sense?
One other difference with real nappies is that they shouldn't leak so you dont have to have them too tight. The nappy absorbes the moisture so as long as there is no nappy sticking out anywhere and you change often enough, you dont have to have them as tight as a disposable.
Keep going if you can. I gave up for a while but then tried again and got it right and it was great.
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Just thought I'd add you can make fleece liners easily and cut them whatever size works best, so make them a bit bigger so the poo stays on the liner more. And the best thing for poo stains is sunlight. It realy works, I had some realy badly stained nappies, a couple of hours on the line and the stains were gone!
rhi'smummy
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:12 pm

thank you fro asking: she has a nasty virus, what I've suspected, but I don't like leave kids unchecked ill over weekend, esp now: out of hours care is miles away; and we all know what would happened over the weekend Rolling Eyes

Mary: I totally agree about sunlight!cheers UV light brakes up bilirubine, I believe.

Great tips, Thank you for chiming in!

Fit looks ok: but there is not much space left so you might look into slowly buying bigger wraps cheers baba growing so fast. Nappies will still do: some of ours are newborn size too, I just make sure to remember to change them more often.

At night we use prefild folded in 4 accross thicker part, rather than alongs it, large booster and micofible duster :haha: folded in 3 like letter plus fleecy liner over it, so microfibre is not touching her skin- its soo thirsty that it can draw moisture from skin.

If baby wakes up for feeding you can change nappy then too.
Kasia80
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down