Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weaning

+3
jools
clairelana
salocius
7 posters

Go down

Weaning Empty Weaning

Post by salocius Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 pm

I think I need to start Tasmin on formula :iconsad:. For the past few days I've had pain in my stomach which I think is a sign that PCOS is back :tear:. The tablets which I was taking before hand (Metformin) I don't think I can take whilst :boob:.

I've started her on solids too, just a spoonful of rice at lunchtime but she won't take a bottle of either bm or formula :iconsad:

Other than going cold turkey on her I don't know what to do any ideas as i really want to do it gradually over the next 3 months ie start with 1 bottle a night for a month or so.

Karen x

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Upset
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Weaning Empty Re: Weaning

Post by clairelana Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:17 am

Hun :aww:
Hopefully the ladies will be here to give advise soon.
Don't worry if you have to stop. They may be able to suggest other medications.
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I hope they can help you.

Claire
clairelana
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jools Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:50 am

I really don't have any advice at all I too am sure the girls will be along soon with some advice for you :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
jools
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:11 am

I woke up this morning and I thought my breasts were on fire. Left one ok can still feed from it so she had that this morning went to try and give her the right side but it just kept bleeding and she was screaming so made her a 3oz bottle and she drank it without any problems. Not too sure whats wrong with them Sad

I'm going to ring GP tomorrow and see if i can get an appointment as I now have 2 problems, I'd like to contnue feeding her but I am in so much pain at the moment that I put off feeding her especially from the right side.

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Your mood today : Upset
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:08 am

did you say on another post you have masitis? I've never had it but i think you need to put her on the breast that is hurting the most as if you dont it can make the problem far worse hun :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 am

ignore that lol - it was happychick who had posted she had mastitus :aww:
Helen
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I am sorry to hear you are having 2 problems! For one I am sure your doctor will provide another alternative medicine for your PCOS (whatever that is? sorry! :iconredface: ). If your doctor doesn't, get a 2nd opinion just to make sure, b/c sometimes it comes down to money and costs rather than the health of your baby (the doc won't say that!). I have heard that there are only a handful of medical conditions out of hundreds where you strictly cannot breastfeed b/c of medication. So don't worry.

And for your masititis, you must keep BFG from that breast in order to keep the milk ducts flowing to keep flushing out the infection otherwise it will only get worse. If it's bleeding more than in trace amounts, it might make Tasmin throw up (although it won't hurt her). I would express and pump out as much milk as you can manually.

If it's bad the doctor might drain it as well as putting you on antibiotics. Good luck hope it goes well and can't you get an emergancy doctor's appointment? Cos masititis can turn quite quickly. My friend had really bad severe masititis, she was feeling unwell within herself and had to been confided to bed.

Big hugs :aww: If you want to wean for the sake of your health then go ahead, I think you have done very well so far considering the problems you have had.
Pink Rose
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Ive replied in your other post hunny :aww:
kay
kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sinfulskin Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:11 am

She really wont be getting anything from weaning her so early .. milk is what babies need it provides 100% of her nutrition and before 6 months there are not the correct enzymes in the gut for proper digestion also thier guts and intestines are not mature enough to deal with solids properly. From reading your other posts if you can boob feed deffo do it ..if you are having trouble for now you could try getting her to take from a bottle or letting her lap from a cup. I think also you need to see a different GP for a second opinion.

Welldone though hun ..battle on. x :aww:
sinfulskin
sinfulskin

Female Number of posts : 26
Tell us about yourself : About you:Full time nursing mummy
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content